Plugger shaft

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
I noticed on free bay Bill has a new telescopic carbon fiber shaft. 56" full extended.... that should be long enough for most of us. I like that its two part... my only concern as we all know is the shaft freezing up if you dont take them apart every time. Two kind of finish and light. Considering you get the lower shaft and everything like the cuff, pre drilled, and handle.... not a bad deal at all. I like he will do custom work too since i like my pods about 4" back from the cuff. Not sure by time you buy all the parts to include a lower shaft you could do one much cheaper..... and you dont have to take the time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Telescopic-...etal_Detector_Accessories&hash=item4620fc1f1b

Dew

I like that and the price is not bad but I do not like the handles for some reason, we need a carbon fiber handle also.....

Bill

Made mine 3 piece 45 inch with the rear extended like you like, and I , happy hunting bro, Earl

Attachments

• Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 001.JPG
    Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 001.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 640
  • Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 002.JPG
    Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 002.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 635
  • Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 003.JPG
    Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 003.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 673
  • Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 004.JPG
    Excal Blue 1000 on Plugger carbon fiber 004.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 655
Joe.... i have to admit i do like the Anderson handle better. Personally i use a bike handle grip thats fatter at the top i seem to have a lot less problems with my hand and wrist. That full extension is what i use now around 55".

Dew

I like my anderson one piece much more than the plugger three piece i started with. Taking the rods apart after EVERY hunt is a pita if you ask me... The three piece was always either wobbling or frozen up.

Z

Pluggers' Carbon Fiber have not been in production to long , are you talking about his aluminum version, because I don't think you have OWNED a plugger Carbon Fiber Strait Shaft Bro :roll::shock::lol: I might also ad, Anderson I don't believe make's there carbon fiber shaft's to your personal custom fit need's , wright , or wrong ?

I like my Plugger CF straight shaft what I don't like is the stainless hardware is rusty and has been since its first dunk in the saltwater.. I wash and then air dry the set up.

Dew, that is the exact rod I just bought about 3 weeks ago..... love it, really long if you need it....even Clearwater Mike could use this one. I have OBN's handle on it with the PP switch and the setup works great.... no locking up yet with the two rods and I don't think that will happen either. 39" upper and 31" lower which has the Minelab coil end works great..... Plugger sends round rubber washers with the rod so you don't need the teardrop ones....

My only gripe would be the fixed position of the cuff, I could use it moved forward just a bit to get the pod back further and with the extended shafts, this could be done easily enough and I may just drill extra holes to do that....

Good quality on the build and the price isn't to bad either....

Cliff

dew i own 2 rods from bill both are the telescopic i changed the handle with a sovereign gt handle works great ! i recomend pluggers shafts

I just got a Plugger shaft for my Sov. Love it. I had the Control box mount reversed, lighter Whites cuff, and a handle mod for a meter (if it ever comes in). Very solid, no wobble, very comfortable to swing, great balance. Way better than the stock S shaft.

I'm considering getting another for my AT Pro.

yes I saw them,,,,thought if I traveled it would be a great thing to have,,,being it wouldn't get the hard use we put on our others, clean and lubricate it after each hunt it should be fine,,,go ahead Dew, but two, one for each of us and lets take an AIR trip,,,:laughing:GL HH

surf master, you are correct, i own a three piece plugger aluminum shaft, like i said, i didn't like it. I guess it would be fine for a once a year travel piece but as a daily swinger it did not cut the mustard... And yes, anderson does do custom shaft lengths, they were a guest on the relic roundup a few weeks ago: http://en.1000mikes.com/show/american_diggers_relic_roundup_1

I'm not a huge fanboy for them, just saying they make a nice product that works well for me...

Thats great to hear Cliff that they arent as prone to locking up like aluminum that blisters inside between the two shafts. I had some problems with Bill's 3 piece the top lock broke so i ordered one of his shaft connectors.... didnt work quite right. It made it to short for the spring clip to go into the hole.... but it still holds it tight. Cliff..... if move the cuff forward putting the back hole of the cuff into the front hole on the shaft then drill the front hole..... its just about right.... gives you about 4" i think to the front of the pods. He does make them any way you want them as well.

Tim i may just have to drop a dime on one of these. Anyone ever seen Tim's anderson shaft..... the thing looks like hes swinging a tree trimming pole.... man that things long.

Thats great to hear Cliff that they arent as prone to locking up like aluminum that blisters inside between the two shafts. I had some problems with Bill's 3 piece the top lock broke so i ordered one of his shaft connectors.... didnt work quite right. It made it to short for the spring clip to go into the hole.... but it still holds it tight. Cliff..... if move the cuff forward putting the back hole of the cuff into the front hole on the shaft then drill the front hole..... its just about right.... gives you about 4" i think to the front of the pods. He does make them any way you want them as well.

Tim i may just have to drop a dime on one of these. Anyone ever seen Tim's anderson shaft..... the thing looks like hes swinging a tree trimming pole.... man that things long.

That's my thought Dew, drill one hole and move it forward one length, should be perfect.....as for Tim's, this one can be longer than his.....but since you are vertically challenged, it won't be longer .... :laughing:

As for the name "Travel Rod", the only difference between this and any other straight shaft is the length of the lower "coil" rod..... instead of 24" (ML's), you have one much longer but made out of CF.

Cliff

Frozen rods

For you that have frozen alum rods. I had a alum Plugger shaft that I took apart once a year. Yes, I use it in salt water. To free them up you pour boiling water where the two rods overlap. Then you take it apart as if it were new.

I now have a carbon fiber rod, used it for a little over a year and came apart without a problem.

I may not break down my rod often but I was the detector after every use.

You people need to stop bringing this thread to the top!:laughing: I've had my eye on either a Plugger or Anderson and everytime it slips to the back of my mind this thread keeps popping to the top. :lol:

Anyone who hunts salt water best rense them off after every use. Salt water ia a killer. Be careful using a lot of pressure from a garden hose.... it can force it past the o rings

Back
Top Bottom