• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

While out trout fishing today……

Digger-Dave

Forum Supporter
Today, we had a gorgeous, but windy day. I couldn’t stay in the house, so I went out to try and catch the first trout of the year.
Anyway, I was fishing a popular spot on the river and got a chance to talk to the property owner. Over the years, I’ve been saying hello to him and talked about the great piece of property he owns. I've always thanked him for letting us use the land. He has seen me picking up the trash which the lesser sportsmen leave behind too. :mad:

On the property, his home was originally a small an 1830’s farm house. Over like 180 years, additions were put on, but the yard itself has pretty much stayed the same. I got permission from him to MD the property.

Come spring time, I’m going to hit this place hard. The original outhouse is still there! There are also a pile of 200 year old houses up and down the street. Wish me luck!!

I have a good feeling your going to come up with some nice finds , Make sure to keep us posted ....

I think lately there isn't a thread i don't read

Great job. The important question though...did you get your first trout of the year? :D. Good luck.

No! I got skunked, but I saw a few and had a couple nip at my lures. Getting out is great. Catching and releasing is just a plus! :cool:

With temps in the high 40's and sunshine, I couldn't hang around watching TV reruns.

Go Patriots!

That's fantastic, fishing and permission at an old property. Where in central Ma are you located? I grew up in Leominster but live in Salem now. I used to do alot of trout fishing when I lived out that way, the Squanacook River, Willard brook and Miller's River out on route 2 were some of my favorites. Unfortunately I didn't detect when I lived out there but hope to head back one of these days and give it a try. Good luck at your new spot.

That's fantastic, fishing and permission at an old property. Where in central Ma are you located?

I'm in Fitchburg. The land is on the Squanacook. He has over 5 acres and a lot of river front. The river is stocked river twice a year too! :cool

The moral of the story might be, to always pay respect the property and it's owners. Being friendly and getting on a first name basis with people never hurts. After I got the go future ahead, I made him laugh!

I explained why it's important to always ask permission. "I have a swimming pool at my house. If on a nice August day I look outside and see some complete stranger jumping in and doing the backstroke, I'm going to have to express a little personal sentiment with them!" :shock: :mad: :viking2:

Ain't it great

Ain't it great when you get to combine the two sportd/hobbys? Good Luck, Artie

Back
Top Bottom