MD in Los Angeles area this weekend

egcampos

Hello,

I ordered my Garrett AT Pro and it should arrive by this weekend.

wondering if anyone in the Los Angeles area is willing to go out detecting with me.

I've never used a MD so I would probably need some help.

thanks!

Last edited:
opps sorry

doesn't it come with a coil or is this a bigger size coil than the one that comes with the machine? I'm new at this....lol

No the 5x8 coil is smaller than the stock coil. It does better in trash areas and is not as deep as the stock coil. Dont be discouraged you dont have the 5x8 coil if you bought a standard package. You will be very happy as you bought a detector that you can grow with. Talk with your sponsor to learn more about the difference in the coils.

No the 5x8 coil is smaller than the stock coil. It does better in trash areas and is not as deep as the stock coil. Dont be discouraged you dont have the 5x8 coil if you bought a standard package. You will be very happy as you bought a detector that you can grow with. Talk with your sponsor to learn more about the difference in the coils.

Thanks!

did you make it out? Hope you enjoy the hobby.

Hi Wheels,

I took it out to the back yard and didn't get any hits...then I went to the local park and not hits either.

I don't know if I have the correct settings. I'm hoping to get together with someone that can help me.

Swing your coil about a 1/2" above the ground in medium-slow speeds,keeping it parallel to the ground ,and try not to swing "up" at the end of each sweep. ---- BTW I had a Garrett 250 and found plenty of good stuff with the stock 6x9 elliptical. Happy Hunting.

Back
Top Bottom