How do I make pennies shine again? (1959-2015)

MattLock

Elite Member
I went through my change to make a 1959-2015 set of Lincoln cents. Now I just want them all to shine as they are from 2015. Whats the best thing to use.
FYI these are coin from change jar not dug coins.

You're not going to be able to restore them to mint-like luster. Years of handling has taken that away. You may be able to get them a little shinier with commercial coin cleaner or polish but unless the coins are in uncirculated condition to begin with, they probably won't ever be super shiny. Personally, though, I like the darker toning that aged copper gets. It gives the coins character. Modern pennies don't really get that, they just corrode. :mad:

Mixture of non iodized salt and white vinegar. The real coppers... pre 82, will clean up fast. Rinse in distilled water. There will be a haze layer at that point. I clean that off by gently rubbing with a brass bristle brush of the type you use on golf clubs. They look brand new at that point.

Papa

Thre were I few years I only had one of and they were nasty looking. Also I never found a 1965 got every other one

Back
Top Bottom