Christmas day. (England)

Doug

Elite Member
On a day with a temperature of 37F and a wind chill factor down around freezing what a better day than to mess around in the water!

Heavy winter rains will cause the fresh water stream to flood and take a lot of the sand down towards the low water mark.

I pulled out around $19 with 2 old pre-decimal coins top right.

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

A winter sun.
KadX2T6.jpg

The fresh water stream.
fUwpzzk.jpg

First hour.
bTCmSFT.jpg

Wet sand find, earring?
kV2eD3I.jpg

Total finds less junk.
WRFwXLM.jpg

Nice Christmas Day haul!

You guys that have those large denomination coins can make a high dollar haul in just a few coins!

Nice Christmas Day haul!

You guys that have those large denomination coins can make a high dollar haul in just a few coins!
X2
I wish we would get rid of pennies (I know blasphemy coming for me :lol:) and go full out with dollar and $2 coins. You got to eliminate the dollar bill though for this to work.

That's something I miss about being stationed over there. Could go out to the pub and drink all night on a pocket full of change.

That's great work Doug,,,,sure wish our coins would bring that much $,,,,but it ain't worth that cold weather to go out and dig it up,,,,,:lol: stay warm,,,,GL HH

It looks like I'll have the opportunity to be in the U.K. for 6 or so months. I'll be near Cambridge and I'd like to check out the beaches on the East Coast.

Any FYI's you'd care to share? Do I really need a permit to hunt the beaches?

It looks like I'll have the opportunity to be in the U.K. for 6 or so months. I'll be near Cambridge and I'd like to check out the beaches on the East Coast.

Any FYI's you'd care to share? Do I really need a permit to hunt the beaches?

No permit required.

The nearest beach to you is around 70 miles away. Not my area I'm 140+ miles away from the east coast.

Not sure when you intend to arrive but we have had around 26 weeks of one level or another of lockdown and we still are in lockdown.

.... Do I really need a permit to hunt the beaches?

Well yes, I'm glad you asked. I sell them. Please kindly send me $100 (I accept paypal), and I will mail you your permit. Any other questions ? :cool3:

No permit required.

The nearest beach to you is around 70 miles away. Not my area I'm 140+ miles away from the east coast.

Not sure when you intend to arrive but we have had around 26 weeks of one level or another of lockdown and we still are in lockdown.

I'll be flying in on the 4th of February. Sounds like I'll be in lockdown for 10 days, upon arriving.

Any cultural things I should know, other than driving on the other side of the road? Any good foods you'd recommend?

:laughing::?::laughing::?::laughing:

Maybe in Kalifornia a permit is needed. In reading about the U.K., it mentions the Crown Estate. I'm trying to figure out if this is one of those laws in the books, that they enforce or feel like enforcing if needed.

https://thecrownestate.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Viewer/index.html?appid=0aac22685d2f4d78a2a3b0a5aa1660db

I'll be flying in on the 4th of February. Sounds like I'll be in lockdown for 10 days, upon arriving.

Any cultural things I should know, other than driving on the other side of the road? Any good foods you'd recommend?

I have driven a lot in the US so I know how you feel!

I was given a piece of advice the first time I came to the US driving to which side of the road to be on more so when turning off one road to another.....

"Put the passenger side of the car on the pavement (sidewalk) of the road once you have completed your turn."

Another tip I was given, tie a yellow cloth/duster or any piece of material to your steering wheel at the end of the day, next day it 'should' remind you the reason was to..........which side of the road you have to drive on?

Eating out, all eateries are closed, only take-away's.........;)

This is what my local beach looks like on lockdown this week.

TmmNbNc.jpg

This is summer time, but not last year with the lockdown!
JrrdHzo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom