Be careful please

Thats just ignorance. Wear fricken waders

You personally dont know Joe apparently. Hes certainly not ignorant and wasnt wearing waders. Ive put myself in panic mode a few times..... it can happen. Im just glad someone was there.... because a lot of times during the winter in those out of the way places .... its just you. You can only plan as best you can .... hind site.

Talked to Joe

This afternoon he sounded better , laughing , he is not 100% , most likely needs another week to heal , he might chime in maybe later next week , Joe heal buddy , you have alot of friends here , Earl

Z &

Friends , he is doing better, than Wed. , keep in mind that Joe's body temp. was 42 degree's when they pulled him up out of the water , along with a very low pulse , they cut his dry suit off of him , and was shock tramma lifted by chopper , we all know anytime they use a chopper to air lift you to the hospital , it's life threatening, from what I have read at 37 degrees your body shuts down , very close. He told me more , but I want for Joe to tell you his story when he makes a full recovery , it will take some time , and he said he will be taking , maybe a year away from hunting , he didn't loose his detector , or scoop as they were attached to him , the dry suit saved his life , along with his sifter that kept his head up out of the water , hypothermia had set in, some make a full recovery , some have issue's , hopefully Joe makes a full recovery , and stays out of neck deep water , I all ways worried about him getting shark bit hunting the Chesapeake bay , as a mile away is were a 9 foot hammerhead surrounded my 13 foot Whaler crab boat , one of those times i wished i had a bigger boat, i am sure ill run into one of those Great Whites out in the ocean with my 25 foot and say the same , I guess we all know now there are more danger's out their water hunting , and one need's to be a smart hunter , ya never know , hopefully Joe will give us some good news by the end of next week , and tell us his story , Get well Joe .

Thank you surfmaster for suppling us with information on joes condition, we all appreciate it. If he is laughing he is on the mend. Body temp 42 degrees!!!!!! That is nuts buddy, you have a guardian angel looking over your soul!!! Take your time and come back when you want too!

Godspeed Joe!!!

Sorry but a 42 degrees body temp means you are long dead. The coldest recorded body temperature a person has ever survived is 56.7 degrees

Steve

Sorry but

Joe told me this Saturday , anyone who questions my statements can wait to here Joe's story , he is having issues . Let us pray for Joe , get well bro.

Joe
I'm praying that you have full recover and your back out there in the near future. Keep in mind our Florida waters are warmer.

Steve

Sorry but a 42 degrees body temp means you are long dead. The coldest recorded body temperature a person has ever survived is 56.7 degrees

Steve

Correct I spoke with Joe last night... I'll leave it at that..Joe said he would stop by soon..

I posted this thread to make sure folks knew the DANGER of water hunting. Not for speculation or ridicule. JOE is a PRO at what he does. So was my friend TOM WEAVER who drowned in lake Huron while detecting a few years ago.

I am VERY happy Joe made it out alive to be able to live his life. Also glad he has his equipment BUT, that could have been replaced if he had lost it, not his life.

WATER is UNFORGIVING. Anything can happen and stepping in a hole is REAL. Any water hunters get too close to the edge of a drop off in waders or a wetsuit and have to ease your way back to shallow? I have, and it is HARD.

Enjoy the water and the fruits it gives you. BUT please be careful and along with knowing the dangers, HAVE NECESSARY life saving gear.

Agree

I learned this in Ocean city , had waders on , a wave went over the top , they became heavy & cold , I was able to walk out wright away , with water & cold i noticed they were very hard to get off , might have got pulse mixed up with body temp. Taking to Joe , my reception down here at the beach in every room is not the same , usually 2 bars , in my CP room less , everybody stay safe water hunting , Wishing , praying 100 % recovery for OBN , and glad to see he is getting better every day ,

Haven't been on the forum in a couple of weeks this news was a shocker. Praying you recover fully Joe.
No matter how cautious anyone is the unexpected can happen. Glad you got pulled out in time Joe. For sure.

Back
Top Bottom