Found a few Beach Cuts.

LuckyMonterey

Jogged about 800m down a sanded in beach and found a few cuts. Found some sinkers, always a good sign, and picked up 40 coins, gold Hoop, a surprise 44 Wheat, and AMOS'S lost tag, with his number on the back. I may give him a jingle. Swells coming in soon I hear!

Mark (Lucky Monterey- my old ebay handle)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.44.54 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.44.54 PM.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 612
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.45.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.45.29 PM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 596
Oh no, now that you have that new machine, I don't take kindly to competition. So your choices are :

1) You pay me 30% of all your finds (I accept paypal), or

2) I let the air out of your tires, and toss a rock through your windshield.

Any other questions ? :laughing:

That zone, in your pix, gets washed down to bedrock every other year or so. Hence the stuff you're finding is either A) stuff lost in the last year or two, or B) stuff that came in on the incoming spring fill-sand of the prior year or two.

NOTHING wrong with that. In fact, given the ... uh ... "affluent" nature of the people who live in and visit the area (tourism), then : ANY time targets are showing up there (especially if it's fishing sinkers), is the chance at high value jewelry.

But I'm hoping that the main area, of the main parking lot erodes. When that area erodes, better chance at jewelry (since that's the main tourist access area), and better chance at oldies. I have never seen the Ocean Ave . parking lot area eroded to bed rock. But I've seen the north and south ends of that beach eroded to bedrock.

In the 1982-83 storms, there was a fellow on that beach who, for an entire week, had no day LESS than 100 silver coins each day. And on a few of the days, had gold ring counts hovering at 10-ish. That was back in the days before TID allowed anyone to cherry pick. Sick sick sick. And in the 1977-78 storms, a fellow there (using a compass 77b for pete's sake) had a day with something like 24 rings, of which , if I recall, 17 were gold. We need some storms like that, eh ? :roll:

ok, ok fine, so, tell you what, your current protection fund total is a gold plated hoop earring, the famous Amos Dog-Tag, with phone number of his cute a 30-something owner, and a magical elven junk ring! Congrats TT!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom