Detecting buddies in Chicago

BlueHuntsCoins

Hi everyone!

Recently started metal detecting after being a coin collector for some time. I still feel kind of awkward doing it in the city or parks and would love to find or join metal detector it's in Chicago. Pls hit me up if also LF for MD buddies in the city or surrounding areas. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I guess no one is from Chicago huh. 😜

Not from Chicago, but just popping on to say : Welcome from Central Coast CA (where it never snows :cool: ). My wife is from Elmhurst originally. And I have perpetually toyed with bringing my detector with me on one of our family visit trips. But we're always too busy with other "honey-do" itineraries :mad:

A md'ing buddy of mine from CA has detected in Chicago somewhere (one of the older suburbs ?) and found a park where he said that IH's were child's play. Ie.: back to back to back 4-star deepie IH's seemingly all over the place.

That is awesome!! I might have to do research on which park that is since I'm sure your friend wants to keep it a secret. ;)

Thanks and good luck with MD schedule, man!

I'm on the wrong end of Indiana, but just saying hi anyway.

There must be some great places in and around Chicago.

Knowing Chicago you probably need a permit. lol

That's what I thought at first but nope, all parks and beaches are free for metal detecting. No permits needed. Forest preserves are strictly no metal detecting though but hey, I can't complain. Lol

Welcome from Northern Illinois.

I haven't detected the city at all, but there's lots of places out in the suburbs (I'm about an hour outside of the city)

Welcome to the hobby and to the forum from Wisconsin's now frozen Tundra. I have experienced a couple of hunt in Chicago parks and did have some nice success. a small group of us cheeseheads hunted with some very good detectionists from the Chicago area. Be choosy in picking your sights as I would not hunt alone in some areas of you town. Will never forget seeing so many homeless or hearing so many sirens. It was so often the joke came to be that the coin police were coming. If we plan another group outing this year I will let you know. Trapper

Facebook has some groups that i belong to, Detecting Chicago and beyond and Windy city diggers. Both are good groups

Interested if you’ve been on a hunt with either group. I’m interested in getting together with others to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Born & raised on the NW side though now I’m a suburbanite. Always will to travel a bit for a dig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom