Quick Buy -- For Garrett 250 Headphones

1960DPenny

I am heading out of town soon and bringing the Garrett 250 with me.

I realize, however, I need head phones (never used them before, but I plan to be doing some beach hunting and do not want to drive everyone else on the beach bonkers).

Any thoughts on where I can get a pair of headphones "in a hurry" -- meaning at an actual store (Best Buy, Target, Radio Shack, etc.) and not online?

Thanks.

wallyworld, target or radio shack will have a decent pair, get a set that has a built in volume control.

wallyworld, target or radio shack will have a decent pair, get a set that has a built in volume control.

I HIGHLY agree with dogpound, get a pair with built in volume control AND make sure it is 1/4". As far as I know it can either be mono or stereo headphones. I've tried both and they work either way. ALSO, I don't know if the east coast has a "Fry's Electronics", but they SELL the Garrett headphones for ABOUT $25. They're the ones that have the volume control knob on each ear muff... a.k.a. the Garrett Master Sound Headphones. They're VERY comfortable and block out any outside noise pretty well... at least for me that is... HH \_

I bougt a pair of Koss headphones at Wallyworld...they work well though they do need an adapter from radio shack to plug into the Ace.
A thing to remember though is most headphones are made for music listeners. People who are sitting in one place and not traveling around much. The cord will be the problem on many units. Not very long and not of the coil style. Be aware you may be yanking the headphones a bit as you set you detector down with the shorter cord.

I bougt a pair of Koss headphones at Wallyworld...they work well though they do need an adapter from radio shack to plug into the Ace.
A thing to remember though is most headphones are made for music listeners. People who are sitting in one place and not traveling around much. The cord will be the problem on many units. Not very long and not of the coil style. Be aware you may be yanking the headphones a bit as you set you detector down with the shorter cord.

The Koss set that I got from WalMart came with an adapter and the cord is way too long. I had to wrap it and tie it to keep too much cord from tripping me up.

Back
Top Bottom