Old farm gives up ~DROP DEAD GORGEOUS~ Indian Penny!!!!

goes4ever

Elite Member
on the way home from work today I took a back road I don't normally take hoping to find a new hunting spot. I saw an old farm with one of the hugest trees I have ever seen in the front yard, this place was old. I knocked and asked permission and the lady said go ahead.

Off I went, very first signal was a 1916 wheat, hmm not bad. This yard was pretty clean, another wheat, then I get a deep iffy signal and an amazing, almost uncirculated looking 1889 indian comes out.....unreal, the detail on this coin is crazy. The pictures don't do it justice.

Then I got a shallow dime signal and I got a silver but it was in a small clump, so I brought it home like the picture. The suspense about killed me, it turned out being a 1941 merc.

Got 2 more deep indians, 1887, and 1904. and 5 wheats. The 1887 is almost as nice as the 1889, but not quite. I am pretty pleased. Takes me to 24 indians for the season!

DSC00896.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00899.jpg

I see this a lot on here where someone says "Amazing find!" and most of the time they are ok looking but that penny is stunning congrats!

Wow! You should send that sucker in to get it graded!

<D>

I agree, I would get it slabbed. It might even come back as "UNCIRCULATED DETAILS." You know how they hate us diggers! Congrats G4E on truly the nicest looking injun I have ever seen dug!

I agree, I would get it slabbed. It might even come back as "UNCIRCULATED DETAILS." You know how they hate us diggers! Congrats G4E on truly the nicest looking injun I have ever seen dug!

well even in undug condition this year in AU is only worth like $40, so it is not worth paying to get slabbed. Now if it was 10 yrs older....wow then I would be sending it in! :lol:

Beautifully detailed coin, what a great looking IH you found! Congratulations! Also nice job on the other IH's and Silver!

they usually don't come out of the ground in that condition.. excellent find

A BIG congrats to you on such a great hunt!! That is an absolutely beautiful Indian Head penny!!! Hands down the best looking IH penny I've ever seen dug. Congrats again.

One of the most beautiful dug Indians I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing it with us. The other coins aren't too shabby either. Congratulations.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom