Returned for second hunt

dirt dick

Elite Member
8ea867340371feeb53eabb762cdf1988.jpg

I hunted today taking my hunting buddy with.
To my childhood neighbor hood.
I hunted this property two years ago,(my rookie new be year) to only find clad, (less than a buck)
Today we didn't do to bad, a few relics, a pocket watch hull, a thingy off maybe a lamp , a ctota Bell, 6 wheats, one Indian head, a '46 Rosie, and some clad, between the two of us.

Also gained permission at two other homes that adjoin this Glen sized yard.[emoji41]

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

This shows that you picked up a lot of experience in those intervening years. Congratulations on the Indian Head.

I like that house...very 'Frank Lloyd Wrightish'...Next house I build will be a flat top similar to that one using poured concrete and steel or an earth sheltered hobbit style configuration.......

I've got a stupid 7/12 contemporary now, 3 stories,...cedar sided, monstrous big roof, skylights, lots of top side maintenance a few times per year, washing skylights and cleaning gutters etc...Very hard to keep from falling off of the older I get...30' drop off the back will about do it for me with just one wrong slip...I have to hook one leg around a vent stack to get to one stretch....Beautiful dwelling and yard there, nice work on the older finds!
Mud

I like that house...very 'Frank Lloyd Wrightish'...Next house I build will be a flat top similar to that one using poured concrete and steel or an earth sheltered hobbit style configuration.......

I've got a stupid 7/12 contemporary now, 3 stories,...cedar sided, monstrous big roof, skylights, lots of top side maintenance a few times per year, washing skylights and cleaning gutters etc...Very hard to keep from falling off of the older I get...30' drop off the back will about do it for me with just one wrong slip...I have to hook one leg around a vent stack to get to one stretch....Beautiful dwelling and yard there, nice work on the older finds!
Mud

Good observation, MUD,
IT IS, built in 1912 by james blythe , designed by Walter burley Griffen,
he was a student of Frank loyd Wright.
Their are many F L Wright houses, in Mason City Ia.
I was very fortunate to live and grow up just two houses away from this Castle type house, the owners were very good neighbors, keeping in contact through the years helped gain permission :D

Great looking spot! Congrats on the finds!
ON the opposite end of the glen , ( behind from where I took the picture)
is an old grist mill by a creek, the mill was built in 1870.
Think I'll be going back many many more times soon........

Good observation, MUD,
IT IS, built in 1912 by james blythe , designed by Walter burley Griffen,
he was a student of Frank loyd Wright.
Their are many F L Wright houses, in Mason City Ia.
I was very fortunate to live and grow up just two houses away from this Castle type house, the owners were very good neighbors, keeping in contact through the years helped gain permission :D

Cool spot. I thought it looked familiar. We were in Mason City a few years ago for a friends wedding, and went to the MacNider Art Museum a few blocks away and drove around that area for a little bit.

Excellent finds. Congratulations.

It sounds like between the house and mill you'll have a good spot to hunt for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom