This year sucks LOL

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Okay that's a bit harsh maybe.

Have not had much time to detect and when I do it's for a zinc penny here or there it seems!

Anyway decided to skip a cycle ride and detect the local elementary since it's spring break.

Tot-lots yielded a nickel and a stainless Darth Vader charm...

Moved to the soccer fields and found a few coins.

Was nice being out but was under the time gun yet again -

2nd most lucrative hunt of the year should tell you something :lol:

Happy hunting it there folks ;)

$1.54 in clad, extremely grateful for that let me tell you! 3 22lr shells and that about sums it up other than the stainless Darth Vadar (tot lots only gave up Vader and the shiny nickel).

Just wanted to post how the other 1/2 live :lol:

Gluck out there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 480
Location, Location, Location. Sometimes just getting out and swinging is all we need

Haven't found a silver yet this year. Need to get that monkey off my back. Just
have to keep at it and stay positive.

Looks like some of my hunts lately. At least you're getting out there.....:yes: (Love the pencil.....:lol:)

Have you tried the old courthouse green in Auburn(I think). How about under that huge bridge under the freeway( I think it is the American river fork). May have gold down there? A few years ago I found a brass water valve there.(No detector at that time) I panned for gold at the river near sutters mill some years ago and found 2 specks of gold at the camp ground. There was a detector club there but again that was before I had one.
Good luck,Happy hunting!:yes:

GS, I know how you feel! I've only been out about five times this year. No rings or relics, only clad and little of that! I do know this will change. We just got to keep swinging! GL

I've seen better hunts, but sometimes it's more important to just get out and have some "me" time. I recently got back into detecting because of a replaced knee that's still giving me problems. I thought detecting would force me to try and improve the knee. However, it's not been going too well.

So appreciate the time you spend detecting, any day detecting is a good day!

Location, Location, Location. Sometimes just getting out and swinging is all we need

Amen man, amen - just good to get out for sure!

Haven't found a silver yet this year. Need to get that monkey off my back. Just
have to keep at it and stay positive.

Never know what is going to show up, so keep on digging :thumbsup:

Looks like some of my hunts lately. At least you're getting out there.....:yes: (Love the pencil.....:lol:)

Thanks CT - you know there are 4 pencil aluminum rings there - dang things sound pretty good!

Have you tried the old courthouse green in Auburn(I think). How about under that huge bridge under the freeway( I think it is the American river fork). May have gold down there? A few years ago I found a brass water valve there.(No detector at that time) I panned for gold at the river near sutters mill some years ago and found 2 specks of gold at the camp ground. There was a detector club there but again that was before I had one.
Good luck,Happy hunting!:yes:

Auburn is too far for a quick hunt - it is on my commute path but rarely have time to detect on my way. Not sure I have the 'nads to detect the courthouse, but dang if something has to change soon on the regard!

You swung and dug. That's a good day

True dat Joe!

I hear you man. I'm struggling to even get out so far this season!

Wish I was alone in that regard Bent.

GS, I know how you feel! I've only been out about five times this year. No rings or relics, only clad and little of that! I do know this will change. We just got to keep swinging! GL

Yup, things will change. Gotta dig to find the goods!

I've seen better hunts, but sometimes it's more important to just get out and have some "me" time. I recently got back into detecting because of a replaced knee that's still giving me problems. I thought detecting would force me to try and improve the knee. However, it's not been going too well.

So appreciate the time you spend detecting, any day detecting is a good day!

Me time is exactly what this was, for sure important!

Hang on GroundSweeper! Just hang on!

May the Force be with you, always.

:lol:

:lol:

Dang side of the dark force!

That looks like a typical "Jay Hunt", Groundsweeper! We'll have to meet up *someday* and share each others pain :laughing: Unfortunately, with us being in the line of sight of the time gun, thats going to make things difficult. Still need a good couple years for my daughter to get a little bigger to have more time.

That looks like a typical "Jay Hunt", Groundsweeper! We'll have to meet up *someday* and share each others pain :laughing: Unfortunately, with us being in the line of sight of the time gun, thats going to make things difficult. Still need a good couple years for my daughter to get a little bigger to have more time.

Hi Jay! My kids are 8 and 6 so I know how that is for sure. Would be cool for sure to meet up someday. :)

This year sucks

Your's was a very timely post. After seeing all the silver and gold that show up in the posts, we tend to forget that everyone doesn't have that kind of luck or opportunity to hunt. Your's is typical of many of the average hunts we all have. I am learning to deal with shorter hunts and less recoveries, but appreciate the chances when I can hunt. You did well to get out and enjoy our hobby. That is the true treasure (of course silver and gold help).:laughing:

Hi Jay! My kids are 8 and 6 so I know how that is for sure. Would be cool for sure to meet up someday. :)

I keep telling the wifey, the sole reason we had our daughter is so I can legally hunt on tot lots :D. Just got a couple years to go before I can cut her loose on the slides and monkeybars..hehehe

Well at least one of those pull tabs is gold colored. You're getting closer :p your pic looks like most of my hunt this year.

What? Spring break dont start around here until April 1!...and it is really a great time to hit all the schoolyards like a madman...that and Thanksgiving, and Christmas...A guy really needs to know these things about school schedules to get in there and make pay, plot a decent all day run especially if its overcast, rainy and cool......Only a few really good days per year when the kids are not around..Spring Break is a big one...Good on ya!..
Mud.

Places are getting harder to find the silver because so many of us have started cleaning the public places out unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom