etrac problem

woodsrider

I bought a new etrac a few months ago and I'm still learning the machine. I use it about 8-10 hours a week. About every two weeks it will start acting up. The numbers on the screen won't change or no numbers will show up and it will also start giving off signals every couple inches i move the coil. I have been doing a master reset and it takes care of it. But reprograming it is getting old. Is there something I'm doing wrong or should I contact minelab and send it in for service. Any advice would be great. Thanks

I'd say check the coil connection. I have an x-1 probe on mine it did the same thing I checked mine their was a little dirt in the connection cleaned it hooked it back up worked perfect not sayin that's what's wrong but I'd check before getting ahold of minelab good luck! Keep us updated!!

Check your connections, and if you have a coil cover, take it off and clean it and the coil. May have a bad coil. :( If you know someone with an Etrac, see if you can borrow a coil from them.

G2M

I unhooked the coil and checked to make sure it was clean and put it back together. I also removed the coil cover and cleaned the coil and cover. It seems to be working ok now. Thanks for the tips.

It's MUCH more likely your problem was either a connection issue, or the detector needing to be factory reset, or was a combination of both, one leading to the other. If it happens again do a factory rest and see if it clears. If not, unplug, and then plug back in the cable to the housing and then try the reset again. When this type of problem happens it tends to mimic a bad coil, the detector still seems to work some but gives off noise and maybe false signals. It's not an uncommon thing for a Minelab to get a glitch and even after using mine well over a decade there still would be the odd time where I'd spend 10-20 minutes thinking my ears weren't really right that day, or it was the conditions, but then I'd reset and it would be perfect again, and I'd call myself stupid and lazy for not having done it sooner. So what I'm saying it doesn't even have to be as drastic as your situation so it never hurts to reset even if you have the slightest doubt something is up.

Back
Top Bottom