Free money

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Well, I am now a coinstar believer.
Looked two previous times and found nothing.
Today, when I was cashing in my nickels (at the bank for free), I looked and saw these!:shock:

I guess people don't understand how the reject works??

Quarter and penny stuck together
One 5 cent Euro coin
Two 2 cent Euro coins
One Canadian dime
One Canadian penny
Six pennies

Scooped 'em up and away we go:lol:

Attachments

• Coinstar 8-23-12.jpg
    Coinstar 8-23-12.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,471
Nice!! I always check the coinstar!! I have found a silver dime stuck to the tray before. I always get weird looks from everyone but, lol it's worth it when you score!!!

:p

Just wondering, what do you do with the foreign currency? Gonna start looking in my local Coinstar too! Thanks for the idea.
- Aaron

I have checked the local ones, but have not found much except the first time when I found a 2 Euro coin.

Check the ones that the U.S. armed forces and families bank at.You either find coins in the tray,or in the discard box they keep by it.Two trips and i got a nice handful of foreign coins.They'll even throw the Canadian ones in there.I'll use the Canadian ones when i go to the store.With all the State quarters we got out,the Canadians stay in circulation:lol:

Found a hand full of coins on Sunday at our coinstar..thanks for the tip...but one had gum on it so not cool.

Ive found a few at coinstars, i find alot of coins under the back seats of cars when Iam working on them, depending on if its a dealers car or if its a regular customer will determin weather i keep or leave in a pile on the floor or in cupholder, most of the time the customer says ITS NOT MINE, KEEP IT..so it ends up in my jugs to cash in later. You would no believe the stuff I find under some back seats:shock::?::shock:....G+HH.....cliff.

Clifftronics, I love a good story

Well let's hear about some of those unbelievable finds. Weirdest, most disgusting, funniest, something that made you go Hmmm??? We get lots of weird ones in my profession too. Some I can't talk about in a family friendly forum like this one.

I know this may be a bit much, but when I go to the junkyard, any of the vehicles Im looking at for parts always have a bunch of change. Alot of it is crusty and sticky from the cup holders and such, but I just throw it the tumbler when I get home.

I know this may be a bit much, but when I go to the junkyard, any of the vehicles Im looking at for parts always have a bunch of change. Alot of it is crusty and sticky from the cup holders and such, but I just throw it the tumbler when I get home.

This is how I get my treasure hunting fix when the ground is frozen. Love finding old junk yards!!

I went to the store this evening and while standing in line was eyeballing the coinstar, made a mental note to check the return tray on the way out. Glad I did, there was 4 dimes which I grabbed. When I got to my car I looked at them, two canadians, and 2 64 rosies.....one looks like it was just minted! SO I told my boys about it when I got home, so now I can count on them to check it out each time we go to the store......amazing

At KT's dump bank, His Majesty often finds stray coins on the machine....either laying out on top...found 3 nice Mexican coins...1 peso, 5 peso, and 10 peso...machine rejects and apparently the dumpee did not want them! HA HA...also many times under the tray that is lifted to dump coins in the machine...KT finds dimes, and quarters! Finally, the machine also has a magnetic separator on it...have found a few Canadian coins stuck to that bar! LOL

KT never fails to look in the trash can next to the machine and under the machine..when people dump a lot of coins sometimes some of the coins hit the floor and roll under the machine...and the trash can often contains earrings, and stuck together coins that jam up the works. Since the bank workers are not allowed to keep that stuff, they just toss everything in the trash! It's kinda like dumpster divin' but a lot cleaner and quicker! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom