Please help identify this coin

Debbie Overacre

This coin was found in the lot of an abandoned house in Oklahoma. It appears to depict a woman with wings, a shield, and a sword on one side. There may be a double-edged axe on the reverse.
The greenish coloring led us to believe the material was either bronze or copper. I looks as if there may be some Roman Numerals on this side too.
If anybody has any ideas about this coin, or suggestions for where we could find more infomation, I'd appreciate the replies.

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 330
Nice going Voriax! I would have to say that is an exact match. I think gold fever owes you one for that.

I was going to say it looked like a medal (my dad has some from Vietnam). Probably made of the same material (bronze most likely). Which part of NE Oklahoma are you in?

:wow:Wow! Voriax your just awsome.  You are all great.  I didn't actually find this metal.  I work at a library and a man brought this in to see if we had any books or any thing to help him identify it.  It was found in the far northest corner of Oklahoma. He said he didn't really have internet access so I told him we could take a picture of it and I would post it on the forum for him and I bet we would get results.  I couldn't hardly wait to get here this morning to check it out.  I had faith in you all.  Thanks again Voriax.  I ran off all the info for him and he will be back by this week sometime. He said he'd had it for over a year and couldn't figure out what it was.  He will be so pleased to finally know.  :grin:

I saw the angel... (that's all I knew)

Then voriax did a wheelie.

Great and fast work...WTG !!

:?: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom