AT Pro Headphone Mod

clearwatermike

Elite Member
I wasn't loving the way the ear cups of the headphones on my new AT Pro kept flipping inward and pulling against the wires. I knew I saved those old bicycle spokes for something! Just a short piece epoxied on each cup gives them plenty of movement, but stops them short of jerking against those dainty little wires.

Attachments

• IMG_2325[1].jpg
    IMG_2325[1].jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_2328[1].jpg
    IMG_2328[1].jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_2335[1].jpg
    IMG_2335[1].jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 410
Nice job. I'll have to try that,
Good to know I wasn't only one who thought the wires took a un needed beating with that design!

THOSE are the stock headphones that come with the AT Pro?? No offense but they "LOOK" cheap as F%&K, I sure hope they're sturdier than they look... Now I see why guys go with the after market cans.

It's a shame they aren't designed better so as to protect the wires but good save on your part!

THOSE are the stock headphones that come with the AT Pro?? No offense but they "LOOK" cheap as F%&K, I sure hope they're sturdier than they look... Now I see why guys go with the after market cans.

It's a shame they aren't designed better so as to protect the wires but good save on your part!

:laughing::laughing: Funny thing though, those cheap things actually work pretty dmn good! I used them for a year or so with no troubles and lots of finds...Then I went aftermarket with some GG NDTs....Icescratcher and Sturrat both use those stock G cheapies, and they find plenty of gold/silver..so they actually do perform..You made me laugh though!:laughing:
Mud.

Yeah, my stock phones have held up surprisingly well the last two years or so, and I don't baby my gear either. They've even survived a few heavy downpours with no ill effects.

Yup. And all these reviews even using mine in rain just under a non waterproof hoodie gotta say stock are pretty hearty and sound good. And I've bought three extra pairs for future swap outs if I ever have a issue.
I do have two pair of gg amphibs but only when I suspect will end up totally dunked me or them or both lol..

Last edited:
I've been using the Garrett Clear Sound Easy Stow Headphones during the summer because they are light and cool. Getting ready to switch over to the stock ones for winter. Have not plugged them into the AT Pro since I bought it.
I don't like cold ears!:D

Back
Top Bottom