Charleston Gazette Tuesday December 6, 1949

jonnied1

http://wvde.state.wv.us/cedarlakes/history.html
I found that this place allows metal detecting. They will not allow you to dig deeper than 6 in. because of buried cables and fiber optic cables.
Went out today and detected for 5 hours. Found a 1941 Nickle and a 1964 Penny.
I don't think the park is detected by a lot of people because my AT Pro was talking to me more than my wife!!! Lots of iron and pull tabs everywhere.
There are activities every summer at this park where large areas are used for parking and vendors put up booths and food stalls. Lots of opportunities!
I just have to figure out the best plan to make the most of it.
Really wish someone would come clean out the pull tabs for me!
Found about $5.00 in clad (my usual $1.00 per hour :D)

Interesting site. There are a few of those in the Milwaukee area and also one of the fairgrounds I hunt in northern Wisconsin.

When I say "a few of those" I mean structures that are moved to a dedicated area and the original area is developed so the structure isn't leveled. A one room school house was moved twice up north.

The sign in the information states the covered bridge was erected in place "x" and moved to place "y".

Find out a bit more about the actual land and what was there unless some of those older structures were actually there....... keep hunting and weed out those pull tabs!

Or find out where those structures used to be :shock::shock::shock: I've dug some cool stuff after structures have been moved or leveled. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom