Buckles, Buttons, Silver and a Fistfull of Coppers!

METALMANIAC-NY

Elite Member
Two recent hunts were a blast! Found some cool goodies dating from 1920's back to early 1700's.
Solo hunt at the picnic/swimming hole...only a flat button and junk after 2 hours. I picked out the 4 leaf clover pin among the roots and the finds started popping for the next 45 minutes. A few feet away got a strong 84-85showing at 4 inches...was surprised the target was so deep..(about 8 inches), but pulled out a nice brass shoe buckle circa 1780. Found a few IH's in the heavy briars and also pulled out a 1892-O Barber Dime...nicely circulated, but I was pumped.....20 feet away I uncovered the 1892-O
quarter!! Score!
Next target was deeeep 11 plus inches, under a root in rocky soil. Almost gave up on it twice thinking it was a hunk of iron....out popped a really cool ornate Badge....Safe Drivers Club pin.....really nice, these were popular in the early part of the 20th Century, I estimate this one circa 1915-20. Tough hunting but I pulled some keepers!

Yesterday, got out with Hellgrammite to his recent permission.....friendly, very enthusiastic homeowner....1700's house. Got off to a slow start as Matt started finding silver and relics. I managed another Colonial shoe buckle...an iron one this time, huge target. I avoided the area Matt found 4 coppers last week and drifted towards the water bordering the yard. Couple of swings down the hill....a strong 78-80, flipped the plug and saw that beautiful patina green! COPPER I yelled!!! Matt comes running, looks like a right facing bust, still need to clean it but it might be a KGIII.....or an earlier William III. Within the next 40 minutes I dug some cool buttons and 2 more colonial coppers!....seem to be KGII's Both are pretty toasted, no detail uncovered yet....but always a thrill!
Homeowner is fascinated with the finds so far...and so am I!!! Thanks for looking! HH!

Attachments

• tRAY OF FINDS mARCH 18TH.jpg
    tRAY OF FINDS mARCH 18TH.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 228
  • cOLONIAL bUCKLE bRASS.jpg
    cOLONIAL bUCKLE bRASS.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 1892-O QUARTER Hole.jpg
    1892-O QUARTER Hole.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 211
  • Badge, Buckle, silvers.jpg
    Badge, Buckle, silvers.jpg