One of my proudest moments ever!

Nice Gil! What did she catch it on? Using waxworms? Congrats on a nice keeper proud papa!

Thanks!!! Yep, a waxie, on a jig like this...

IMG_0039.jpg

<*)))>{

Thanks for all the friendly comments guys!!!

Metal detecting is my favorite hobby, but, ice fishing is my life.. So this, was an awesome day for this dad.. The funny thing is, without even teaching her too much, she looks like a little me, how she fishes. The way she kneels, holds her pole, and manages is just like her dad. Makes me so proud...

Anyone else with their kid's fishes, feel free to post them here...

Extra bonus points if they came off the hard water!! :D

<*)))>{

This was her first fish ever, another nice pumpkin seed sunfish... She seems to have a knack for big pumpkins lol...

IMG_5179_zps51502659.jpg

This one was taken last year, not a keeper but another pumpkin seed...

IMG_3540_zpsbe4d9e9b.jpg

<*)))>{

Hard choice to make here between great dad or great fish. The one unchallenged person in the photo is Great Daughter! Kudos Ice, thanks for the cool pic.

AT Pro/GPP/BH Outback/CT handheld

Congrats on her first ice gill!!!!!! I sure do miss being young and living in Michigan (up by Petoskey). Lived on dirt bikes and four wheelers in the woods in summer and on snowmobiles and ice in the winter. Built my first ice shanty when I was 14 and put a old set of wood skis on the bottom so I could drag it out on the lake. Spent many hours on ice looking down a hole and miss every minute of it. Sure wish I could raise my kids where and how I grew up. I may just have to check the ice on some ponds around here and get my lil guy out there and try and catch a crappie or gill and report back with some pictures.

Congrats to her. My kids are all over 21 now but one of my favorite pics of my two youngest was of them with their first fish through the ice when they were young. They used to love ice fishing with me.

Great photos and memories, looks like you got a real fishing buddy there. Congrats on the fun times and the catches.

Congrats on the memory of a lifetime and i wish you and your daughter many more. Here is one of my daughter and a Wiper from last summer, She isn't real big on fishing but on occasion i get her to fish with me.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 55
Dang! Nice fish there Popatop!!

Thanks again guys for all the friendly comments!!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom