E-Trac Users of Mass

Gatorfoot

Are there any E-Trac users near the Boston / North Shore area that would be willing to show a new e-trac user the ropes? I'm reading andy's book, but I'm more of a visual learner so any extra help would be great.

Thanks

Im in Newton and have had mine for 4 months. My advice is what ive learned from others here is you have just spend the time digging. I looked at all the youtube videos i could find and then cane back here for any info on unique situations. Look for goes4ever , nebtrac, cutaplug, earthmansurfer69,dirtfishing. On Facebook, look for a group "metal detecting Massachusetts". Where are you located? Find a local club to get tips from non etrac users. Throw me message and i can always call you.

Hi Gator,
There are a couple of programs around that you can load on you etrac that will give you a great starting point.I set mine up to give the now famous "silver warble".Modified coin program will serve you well as a starting point.Good luck,you will learn it,just takes a little time.HH

I've been using goes4evers settings as well and they work great. The only thing I have had to change is depending where I'm at lower the sensitivity if you are getting too much falsing/chatter. For example I was in Michigan last week on vacation and I had to run Auto +1 instead of my normal Auto+3 I still got awesome depth on coins but at Auto+3 I was getting too much chatter. Another thing I realized hunting the beach is that I had to keep my metal handheld scoop away from the front of my body as the detector would pick it up from waist level on every swing.

Back
Top Bottom