New to the game need help setting up

Beamer814

So I got a old pioneer 101 and I'm looking for a specific iteam in my yard I'm trying to find I've found nuts bolts pull tabs old cans and and a couple Coins with current settings but about two years ago my brother lost a silver ring and I'd like some opinions on a good setup so I don't find so much junk thanks for all your help. If it helps it was snowing at the time so if its still in the yard I don't think it could be too deep

if you can notch out iron, do that and you'll find a lot less junk. :) i'm not familiar with your particular machine, though.

Just looked at some faceplate images on google. I'd run it with the sensitivity about half and turn the discrim/notch to about the 9'oclock position. Discrim out the bottom 25% and go from there. If your friend or anyone in the family has a silver ring of similar size scan that via "Air test" and see where it reads. If the ring was lost less than a year ago it still might be up to 2" down depending on foot traffic and how soft the ground got during thaw. Was it lost anywhere a snowblower or shovel would have been used? Did it come off throwing something or just fell off? Any idea of an area to search or no idea and just having to cover the whole yard.? I would think that a silver ring of decent size would come in around 7-8 or so? Test similar one and go from there.

Mad Town pretty much explained it.

I used to set my BH pioneer 202 with a nickle. Silver should give you a high tone. If that dont work, dig everything.

Back
Top Bottom