I made a custom sheath for a Garrett Digger

stitchwizzard

Hi all,
My husband and I have been lurkers here for quite a while and recently joined. Since I make a lot of custom sheaths for friends, My husband asked me to make one for his new Garrett digger tool. I added the ambidextrous mounts for his Pro Pin pointer as he requested. I made it from 5oz. Oil Stoned leather for ruggedness. I also have made several custom pouch/sheath combination leather carriers.
Thanks for looking!
Joyce~
blackriverlaser.com

cache_4182570204.jpg

cache_4182570504.jpg

cache_4182570604.jpg

Thank you all!

I really appreciate your comments. I do plan on putting up some custom sheaths on my Etsy shop soon. Since I laser cut my templates I can make very precise designs. Also, I can put initials, club logos or special designs on everything. I do enjoy making custom items.
I have a commercial leather sewing machine but I prefer to saddle stitch everything by hand.
Thanks again,
Joyce~

Here is my favorite digger!

Hi all,
I just love the Treasure Wise digger. I inherited it from my husband when he got his Garrett "bigger Digger". It is so strong and seems easier use without the offset like the Lesche and Garrett style.
I made my sheath from English Bridle leather and Oil Stoned Leather. The open end really helps keep the dirt out as this digging tool does not have a slick finish which tends to make dirt cling to it. Thanks again for looking and I appreciate all of your kind words!
See you all in the field and I hope to post some interesting finds soon after the Monsoons stop in N.E. Ohio.
Joyce~

Attachments

• TW_1.jpg
    TW_1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 726
  • TW_2.jpg
    TW_2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 698
  • TW_3.jpg
    TW_3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 717
  • TW_4.jpg
    TW_4.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 691
Geez..

Guess I offended someone. I just saw Buzz's design. Very nice. I have seen many, many variations of the digger sheath design over the past few years. Sorry about that. Learned my lesson here.
Bye,
Joyce~

Competition improves people and products.

Stitchwizard,
I also do a little leather crafting and your work looks good to me. I don't think that MD is a huge market, but if you have the urge to make and sell your product, I encourage you to "go for it".
HH,
John Morton

hey Stitch liazrd, keep up the great work! I love seeing what folks make on this forum. I have zero crafting/building skills and always enjoy seeing people's handy work. HH, Jill

Back
Top Bottom