Merlin Battles Dark Santeria Forces

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Today the weather took a turn for the worse; high winds with some showers. However, I needed to get out for a hunt! :yes: Today was a teacher planning day, and low tide was after 1pm, so I knew would be able to leave after lunch (with some permission from the boss of course! ;)) I went to the aptly named “Penny Beach” which I hadn’t hunted in a while. With the direction the winds for coming from I knew they wouldn't impact this beach and I would be able to hunt. Although the chance for gold isn’t as good there, the chance for targets is great and I wanted to give Merlin (my Excal 1000) a confidence building work-out. I hunted for 4 hours and knew that I had gone over a 100 coins at some point during the hunt. I found my second stainless Santeria bracelet :roll: and the 2 toy cars. When I got home I noticed the 2 foreign coins so that was cool! In the last 10 minutes of the hunt I noticed Merlin making occasional “squawking” noises. I suspected the battery so when I got home I tested the voltage and it was at 9.27v’s. Methinks a battery replacement is in order since this was only the 2nd time I used it on its current charge. This charge has had under 10 hours of total use so I think the battery just isn’t up to snuff anymore. All in all it was an awesome fun-filled water hunt for me with a decent amount of clad and going way over 100 coins! :neat:

Attachments

• 3-24-17.jpg
    3-24-17.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 3-24-17 Foreign Coins (1).jpg
    3-24-17 Foreign Coins (1).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 285
  • 3-24-17 Foreign Coins (2).jpg
    3-24-17 Foreign Coins (2).jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Replace the battery Felix... I have to battery packs one like yours I no longer use because my new pack gives me 14.71 volts that I can hunt 3 times or so without charging it up again... spend some of those things that are in your name for a quality battery... you keep buying detector after detector so fork over a little chump change for quality batteries.. :D

https://www.maxxpacks.com/index.php?cPath=175&osCsid=19dad33be584074d2831955407b17b53

Always charge an Excalibur after each hunt. Google the subject. Best to have a full charge. Ive got upgraded batteries that would last for days and still charge them after a 2 hour hunt:lol:

Replace the battery Felix... I have to battery packs one like yours I no longer use because my new pack gives me 14.71 volts that I can hunt 3 times or so without charging it up again... spend some of those things that are in your name for a quality battery... you keep buying detector after detector so fork over a little chump change for quality batteries.. :D

https://www.maxxpacks.com/index.php?cPath=175&osCsid=19dad33be584074d2831955407b17b53

Already did that before going to bed last night but I went a step further since I've found a lot of pennies! ;)

Attachments

• ex3_600_crop.jpg
    ex3_600_crop.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 172
Back
Top Bottom