trout fishing and metal detecting

TN Ninja Digger

Forum Supporter
About 8 years ago I took up the expensive hobby of trout fishing. Trout fishing lead to bass fishing, and everytime I passed any body of water I had to look for the rising fish. Even when I watch a movie I have to look for the rising circle in the water for the monster fish.

Now this metal detecting!
I cant go by a playground without looking at the perfect spot. When one of my customers says I have an old house I now ask "how old"? Instead of going to the lake for an hour after work, I am going to playgrounds and swimming areas.

Just wanted to vent a little, I am having a blast learning a new hobby and making new friends!

Welcome to the forum!

You're lucky, your hunting partner has a lot of wisdom - I've learned things from him by reading his posts. I'll be learning things from reading your posts soon.

HH

Rich

What's bitting in Tennessee now? The bass are in full spawn here in Pa. The river has warmed up a bit for the smallies they are loving the cast master. The summer crowd has hit the parks to leave thier goodies behind! There is only one small problem now, WORK!! I feel your pain.:tumble:

Instead of going to the lake for an hour after work, I am going to playgrounds and swimming areas.

The two big differences between metal detecting and fishing:

1. With metal detecting, you come home with more money than you started with.

2. With metal detecting, your next hit could be a gold ring, a cache, a civil war relic, or something so good you can't even imagine it.

With fishing, it will be, at best, a fish.

What's bitting in Tennessee now? The bass are in full spawn here in Pa. The river has warmed up a bit for the smallies they are loving the cast master. The summer crowd has hit the parks to leave thier goodies behind! There is only one small problem now, WORK!! I feel your pain.:tumble:

Went after work yesterday and got a 2lb Smallie on a flyrod ;)

I know I should have been detecting and not fishing, but my flyrod was lonely :D

I know exactly what you are going through. The first time I changed a fishing trip to detect instead I knew something was up. I was a die hard crappie fisherman forever but have not looked back there in about 10 years now.
2 lb smallie on a flyrod - sure must have been a fight ! Steve in so az

We are on the same wavlenth. Decided to go out for some trout tonight with the fly rod took 3 none above 9". What were you catching the smallies on?

Back
Top Bottom