Scoop and score...silver #45

Captain Silver

Elite Member
George watched me one day like I was nuts, I just dug a deep hole in the overburden until I hit hardpan...then scooped outwards in whatever direction, filling in behind me as I went and scanning to see what turned up...he watched me find silver that day, and on another hunt I dug a Trime doing this:D So today I chose a beach and a spot and began to dig, a one silver test hunt to see how far down the hardpan was here, was it a viable spot...and to kill however long it took to find that silver...42 minutes to be exact all the finds...part of a lipstick tube, several bullets, other scrap, 49 cents in clad, 2 wheats, a Buffalo a 1913 Type 1 with the raised mound...and the silver, a Merc for #45... Be nice to borrow a bulldozer for a hour, I could probably come up with a handful of silvers moving the sand around:laughing: But I'm always happy with even a single silver on a hunt, regardless of the effort it takes to get it, means the day was a success...and they add up by the end of the year:yes: Until the next outing, thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

Last edited:
I usually dirt dig, and do most of my beach hunting in wintertime when the ground is frozen or covered in snow. By the end of the year I'll have more dirt silvers than beach silvers...

Craziest technique i've ever seen and wouldn't have believed it if I didn't witness it myself. :shock:

Back
Top Bottom