Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2018, 02:04 AM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,455
Unhappy Garrett Z-Lynk died on me. Garrett customer service...meh. :/

My Z-Lynk quit working on 10/17. I emailed Garrett and told them exactly what happened. I was using it on my Etrac and the audio just stopped working. Jiggling the audio cable in the transmitter side and the headset plug on the receiver did nothing. Audio was simply gone. The units still pair up fine.

I emailed Garrett and told them exactly what I experienced and the troubleshooting steps I tried by using different headsets and trying the Z-Lynk on other detectors. I figured they would just have me ship the whole setup back to them and they'd send me a replacement since it's under warranty. Instead, my issue was told to an engineer at Garrett who felt it was an audio cable problem. I knew in my gut that it wasn't the cable but whatever, a new cable will come in within a couple of days right? Wrong! I just got the cable in the mail today 12 days after contacting Garrett. And guess what?? It didn't fix my issue! Imagine that...

I emailed them back this evening. Hopefully they can resolve this a little more quickly.

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #2  
Old 10-31-2018, 07:19 AM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Dirt Cellar, MA
Posts: 11,279
Default

Did you tell them your using an etrac???? Garrett has been nothing but fantastic to me. Even fixed my out of warranty AT Gold for 82$. They replaced the box, faceplate, and LCD display. I'm sure they will help, hopefully swiftly!

__________________
☆2018 GO RED SOX!☆
☆W-192~IH-28~LC-19☆
☆Silva-60~Ster-14☆
☆Gold-1~V's-3~Buff-9☆

Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 10-31-2018, 07:51 AM
AIRFORCEMIKE's Avatar
AIRFORCEMIKE AIRFORCEMIKE is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: EARTH
Posts: 4,440
Default

Surprised it didnít take 12 months when ya told them etrac...lol. I donít own any Garett stuff anymore but Iíve heard nothing but awesome things about their CS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
MINELAB CTX 3030 , EQUINOX 800-X2

Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 10-31-2018, 10:13 AM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,455
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Did you tell them your using an etrac???? Garrett has been nothing but fantastic to me. Even fixed my out of warranty AT Gold for 82$. They replaced the box, faceplate, and LCD display. I'm sure they will help, hopefully swiftly!
Originally Posted by AIRFORCEMIKE View post
Surprised it didnít take 12 months when ya told them etrac...lol. I donít own any Garett stuff anymore but Iíve heard nothing but awesome things about their CS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did tell them it's being used on my Etrac. Maybe that's why! The communication has been quick at least.

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 10-31-2018, 10:37 AM
markinswpa's Avatar
markinswpa markinswpa is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Pittsburgh Pa.
Posts: 1,127
Default

I don't know Fred, seems like you got some bad juju going on lately or something with the eTrac dying on ya and now the headphones takin' a dump. I will say that CS at Garrett was first rate for me and also Minelab has been great. I hope things work out for you. I recently broke the ear phone part off my Deteknix Lite. I hang them on top of the detector when carrying it and when I layed it on the table on the back porch they fell off. I didn't realize it, so when I went to plug things in I noticed they were missing and went looking for them. I didn't find them till the next morning and apparently I stepped on them. Dummy me. So I e-mail Deteknix and explained what happened and they are replacing my headphones for a 25 bucks. Glad for that as I like on the ear phones. What Bluetooth transmitter do you use for your Senheisers ? Good luck Mark

__________________
_______________
ATPRO--ETRAC-- EQ.800
2018 Gold 0 - Silver 27 - IHPs12 -Wheaties 155- Buff 5- Sterling 2-Tokens 13 Clad. 93.83

Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 10-31-2018, 10:43 AM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,455
Default

Originally Posted by markinswpa View post
I don't know Fred, seems like you got some bad juju going on lately or something with the eTrac dying on ya and now the headphones takin' a dump. I will say that CS at Garrett was first rate for me and also Minelab has been great. I hope things work out for you. I recently broke the ear phone part off my Deteknix Lite. I hang them on top of the detector when carrying it and when I layed it on the table on the back porch they fell off. I didn't realize it, so when I went to plug things in I noticed they were missing and went looking for them. I didn't find them till the next morning and apparently I stepped on them. Dummy me. So I e-mail Deteknix and explained what happened and they are replacing my headphones for a 25 bucks. Glad for that as I like on the ear phones. What Bluetooth transmitter do you use for your Senheisers ? Good luck Mark
My luck has been terrible lately when it comes to electronics! The Bluetooth transmitter I use is the Brightech BTX Ultra. They come and go for sale online occasionally. Glad you were able to get your headphones fixed for a reasonable amount. It still stinks that you accidentally broke them though.

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


  #7  
Old 11-03-2018, 07:16 PM
brncofan's Avatar
brncofan brncofan is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: southwest,CT
Posts: 2,095
Default

Originally Posted by Waveoff View post
My Z-Lynk quit working on 10/17. I emailed Garrett and told them exactly what happened. I was using it on my Etrac and the audio just stopped working. Jiggling the audio cable in the transmitter side and the headset plug on the receiver did nothing. Audio was simply gone. The units still pair up fine.

I emailed Garrett and told them exactly what I experienced and the troubleshooting steps I tried by using different headsets and trying the Z-Lynk on other detectors. I figured they would just have me ship the whole setup back to them and they'd send me a replacement since it's under warranty. Instead, my issue was told to an engineer at Garrett who felt it was an audio cable problem. I knew in my gut that it wasn't the cable but whatever, a new cable will come in within a couple of days right? Wrong! I just got the cable in the mail today 12 days after contacting Garrett. And guess what?? It didn't fix my issue! Imagine that...

I emailed them back this evening. Hopefully they can resolve this a little more quickly.
Maybe try caling them and speaking with someone Hilda was,always eager to help

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

__________________
best finds to date - 1821 capped bust dime ,1853 seated quarter, (2) 1891 seated dimes, 1874 seated dime, 1887 seated dime love token , 1777 half reale ,1805 drapped bust largie, 1914 barber half dollar,1812 classic head largie, 1864 2 cent piece,(1909 barber half dollar with a 1934 walker half dollar in the same hole together)1952 ben franklin half dollar

Reply With Quote


  #8  
Old 11-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,455
Default

Originally Posted by brncofan View post
Maybe try caling them and speaking with someone Hilda was,always eager to help

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Thanks brncofan. Hilda is the one who has been handling my issue. They're sending me a new transmitter and receiver and a return label for me to send back the faulty unit. I wish they had done that in the first place!

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


  #9  
Old 11-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Chipk's Avatar
Chipk Chipk is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jacksonville / Yulee Florida
Posts: 2,662
Default

Well I won a Z Lynk for a Find of the Month but is it just me or does it lose the battery charge in a really short time span? If I use it twice it has to be charged up (itís on the chargers right now. )

Plus I bought the wireless pinpointer and frankly Iím disappointed. It hums and makes noises without being near the target. Iíve sent that in once and gotten a replacement but the new one does the same thing.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

__________________
2 AT Pros, XTerra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, 2 Garrett Ace 250s, 2 Pro Pointers, 2 scoops, an understanding wife and a sore back!

Reply With Quote


  #10  
Old 11-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Dan B Dan B is offline
Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Windsor Ontario
Posts: 232
Default

I can get about 30 hours on a charge.

I had to return my first pinpointer too. I wouldn't stay paired and would sound off just for the heck of it.

The replacement was better, but still not an outstanding product. It's okay, but I prefer the older carrot.
Reply With Quote


  #11  
Old 11-09-2018, 07:25 AM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,455
Default

Originally Posted by Chipk View post
Well I won a Z Lynk for a Find of the Month but is it just me or does it lose the battery charge in a really short time span? If I use it twice it has to be charged up (itís on the chargers right now. )

Plus I bought the wireless pinpointer and frankly Iím disappointed. It hums and makes noises without being near the target. Iíve sent that in once and gotten a replacement but the new one does the same thing.

Am I the only one experiencing this?
Originally Posted by Dan B View post
I can get about 30 hours on a charge.

I had to return my first pinpointer too. I wouldn't stay paired and would sound off just for the heck of it.

The replacement was better, but still not an outstanding product. It's okay, but I prefer the older carrot.
I hardly ever had to charge my old Z-Lynk setup. It would hold a charge for at least 3 all day hunts.

I finally got the replacement Z-Lynk transmitter and receiver in the mail a couple of days ago. I was able to determine that the old receiver is what died. I packed up the old transmitter and receiver and sent it back to Garrett with the provided return shipping label. Hopefully this new setup works out better than the last.

This new setup still exhibits the same mediocre performance as the last on my Etrac. Faint audio still comes out of the speaker on the machine with the transmitter plugged in. I also still experience occasional audio clipping on high tones and while pinpointing. Not good when you hit on a good silver target! Good thing I tend to swing low and slow. It doesn't seem quite as bad on the replacement units but it's still noticeable.

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


  #12  
Old 11-09-2018, 09:12 AM
beephead's Avatar
beephead beephead is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 3,849
Default

I love my Z-Lynks. I have 3 of them. They work GREAT with the Deus wired backphones.

beephead

__________________
CTX 3030 * Omega V6 * MXT Pro * F75LTD-2 * Modded Tesoro Cibola * XP Deus * Tesoro Mojave * Deeptech Smart Plus * Makro MF Kruzer

Reply With Quote


  #13  
Old 11-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Waveoff's Avatar
Waveoff Waveoff is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,455
Default

Originally Posted by beephead View post
I love my Z-Lynks. I have 3 of them. They work GREAT with the Deus wired backphones.

beephead
That's good to know. I will say that it works well on my Tesoro's and on my White's Tpro. I wish it worked just as well on my main machine!

__________________
Minelab E-TRAC
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Vaquero
White's TREASUREpro

Reply With Quote


Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.