Is the forum's Christmas Exchange happening again this year?

I think she was genuinely concerned that some people got the shaft but didn't know what safeguards could be put in place to prevent it.

I hope so also BUT we all know a few rotten apples spoil the whole bushel.

Maybe we should set a strict set of rules for this year, as far as who can enter.
Any ideas?

Don't we already have a rule that anyone who failed to send their gift is excluded? That should take care of most of the problems.

I meant besides that :p
Like, must be a member since ...
Number of posts etc...

I have one idea. It is early now. If ALL packages had to be mailed the week after Thanksgiving. By the first week in December we will know if there were any DEADBEATS and somebody might fill in to send something to the non receiver. I was willing last year and I am willing again this year to send something to someone that got stiffed.

I was kind of disappointed that I did not hear back from my gift recipient. It made me think he/they were disappointed in my gift. But I would like to do it again.

(I promise no more road kill) :p

HDD

Sounds interesting the while concept of this. I've always been a generous person eBen if I don't have a lot of money for things I need I still will buy people things because It gives people a better opinion on you and to be honest money is nice and all but it causes so much issues.

Need a wall of shame. If you can't ship your stuff, let the other person know. If you have no intentions of shipping anything, don't enter. The fun is in giving, not receiving. But not receiving anything makes the person who doesn't ship anything lower than Flounder poo unless they are dead or in prison.

I know the pairings are random, but is it possible to match people in the same parts of the world? Nothing against our friends in other countries, but it was going to cost me over $100 just to ship what I wanted to send last year, so I had to change my gift idea. It can also takes weeks to send items around the globe.

I know the pairings are random, but is it possible to match people in the same parts of the world? Nothing against our friends in other countries, but it was going to cost me over $100 just to ship what I wanted to send last year, so I had to change my gift idea. It can also takes weeks to send items around the globe.

Isn't the joy of the receiver enough to make it worth while you are making someones day.

I would prefer not to spend 4X the cost of the item just to mail it.

It can also take over a month to ship. I ordered some bike end bars from overseas. Think they held them to make sure there wasn't any powder or bugs in them that may hatch out. I forgot all about them when they finally showed up. Imagine if you shipped some cookies:lol:

Back
Top Bottom