Silver #30 and my first gold ring!

bennitto340

Took the day off to handle some things and got out for a while in the afternoon. Went to a school about a half hour from home I had never been to before to check it out. Started around a ball field in the back of the athletic fields and found a rosie fairly quick, #30 for silver coins this year. Started wandering around looking for other hot spots and found a nice skeleton key! 3rd for the year. Wandered through some open field between sports fields and stopped for a nice sounding high tone, and to my complete surprise I found a big ol gold wedding band! I knew because of the enhanced mode of the CZ-3D there was a chance that a big enough gold ring in the zinc range would come in high tone, and it happened! I feel like smeagol and his precious :laughing: Took 3 years to cross gold ring off my bucketlist, hopefully it doesn't take that long to find another. HH

Attachments

• 7-17 hunt6.jpeg
    7-17 hunt6.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 344
  • 7-17 hunt7.jpeg
    7-17 hunt7.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 7-17 hunt 3.jpeg
    7-17 hunt 3.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 385
  • 7-17 hunt 4.jpeg
    7-17 hunt 4.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 7-17 hunt 2.jpeg
    7-17 hunt 2.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 330
  • 7-17 hunt5.jpeg
    7-17 hunt5.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 349
  • 7-17 hunt8.jpeg
    7-17 hunt8.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 340
I've found 2 gold rings in the 4 years that I've been in the hobby but both of them together don't weigh as much as that one! :) Congrats!

Took the day off to handle some things and got out for a while in the afternoon. Went to a school about a half hour from home I had never been to before to check it out. Started around a ball field in the back of the athletic fields and found a rosie fairly quick, #30 for silver coins this year. Started wandering around looking for other hot spots and found a nice skeleton key! 3rd for the year. Wandered through some open field between sports fields and stopped for a nice sounding high tone, and to my complete surprise I found a big ol gold wedding band! I knew because of the enhanced mode of the CZ-3D there was a chance that a big enough gold ring in the zinc range would come in high tone, and it happened! I feel like smeagol and his precious :laughing: Took 3 years to cross gold ring off my bucketlist, hopefully it doesn't take that long to find another. HH[/QUOTE

LOVE THE RING!! Looks a little thick too! Congrats!

ATPro Dude

Big big big congrats! That skeleton key is righteous for sure too. I've been lucky enough to find quite a few of them over the last couple years.

I got a big'ol grin when you mentioned enhanced mode sending a big enough piece of gold into the zinc range. It sounds like you not only know what your machine is telling you, but WHY. The latter being the most important part of knowing ones machine. :yes: big time cheers to you! :dance:

wow now that is a fat ring and one beautiful way to start the gold collection, Way to go man i hope they only keep getting fatter for you my friend ;) HH

That's a nice gold ring! I found a 9.3 gram 14 kt man's band a couple years ago, and that ring hit like a square tab. Just above nickel. Surprised yours hit so high. I found an 10 kt, nearly 20 gram class ring, and I remember that one having a zinc to copper penny tone.

Congrats,
Raphis
Dan

Back
Top Bottom