Standing permission territory expanded. First hunt: 3 fully intact 1920's Pond's bottles

TriadHunter

Elite Member
My standing late 1800's to early 1900's permission just had its territory expanded when I requested to hunt more of the property. I have another 1.5 acres to search! My biggest interest has been this grove of trees:

ry%3D400

I grabbed the ACE 400 and did some preliminary swinging, mainly in Coins mode, but I also branched out and ran Custom 40+ nearly full sensitivity. I spent about 1.5 hours in there. I hit a couple clad coin spills, including 30 pennies within a 5ft radius of one another. Nearby was another small spill, with 2 quarters, 1 dime and 1 nickel. Unfortunately, all of it was clad ($0.99 worth).

ry%3D400

Then I got some weird "82" hits under 3 different trees, which typically isn't a coin (on my 400 pennies show up as 84's at first usually, then 78's when they get shallow-er). So I wasn't too excited about an 82 because they are often pieces of old can tops or bottoms. In this case, however, the 3 solid 82 hits turned out to be fully intact Vintage (1920's era) Pond's Vanishing Cream bottles. Apparently people collect these things. On Etsy they go for around $10, so that's cool. Is it just me, or does anyone else find it strange that someone was strategically burying these things under trees? Any thoughts on that? Based on weight, I believe each of these still has product inside it.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Not much else worth mentioning although I did get a working Bic lighter. :lol:

Surely there are old coins in this place! I'm looking forward to hitting it again. HH all!

Man, the first thing I'd do is open those Pond's jars! Maybe they're full of gold dust:shock: ....you never know. Does seem strange to find three intact jars with the lids still on them in close proximity to each other. Anyways looks like you've got a great spot to hunt on, congrats!

Man, the first thing I'd do is open those Pond's jars! Maybe they're full of gold dust:shock: ....you never know. Does seem strange to find three intact jars with the lids still on them in close proximity to each other. Anyways looks like you've got a great spot to hunt on, congrats!

My wife wants me to open them too. I probably should, just to be safe. Thx! :)

I find a lot of those little but heavy Pond's cold cream bottles. Yes they are from the late 20s up through the 50's. I gather them up along with those cobalt blue Noxema jars and Phillips bottles and sell 'em to women at the flea markets. They love 'em.

Back
Top Bottom