A bit of drama and then some luck.

meggie

Elite Member
Whilst minding my business this afternoon on a mostly deserted beach I had observed a couple ahead of me smoking and drinking beer.As I got nearer to them the guy approached me and said "why do you have to dig close to us.(I was nowhere near to them) I asked why it was bothering him and mentioned that my holes were all filled in.Then he got aggressive and said "do you want to make something of it then" I took a deep breath and although he was probably less than half my age I knew I could handle him ( he was drunk) I thought about damage to my Equinox and decided to back off and get back to my car.
I then drove to the next beach entrance and spent a good hour there.Scoring a few coins etc plus a steel ring,a 1957 Florin and my very first 375 gold bangle ... it's a child's bangle and weighs just under 6 grams
So all in all the day ended well!

Attachments

• 20191117_181749.jpg
    20191117_181749.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 521
  • 20191117_181918.jpg
    20191117_181918.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 475
  • 20191118_105149.jpg
    20191118_105149.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Congrats on the find and remaining cool. A scoop to the knee cap would have been my response.

Oh lord do I have stories lol.... I attract idiots like that. Just ment to be on that gold.....

Nice finds and a smart move not to fight unless your life is in danger . You also probably would have to handle both of them at once . Dik-heds are everywhere .

:dingding: Congrats on the gold and it was nice of you to avoid a problem. That guy needs to come down here to Miami and pull that !!!! and we'll see if he makes it back to Australia. :lol:

That "bracelet" looks like my ex-wife's wedding band !!!

A while ago I was scouting a site and just basically walking around in a secluded area. Two hoodlums started screaming in my direction. I literally ignored them like they didn't even exist lol. They then asked if I could hear them, kept walking. I wasn't in the mood to suffer fools that day.

Nice finds Meggie..In regards to the hoodlums, I mostly hunt at night so I always carry a can of extra potent OC spray, 2 EDC knives, my cell phone, and of course if all that fails I have my aluminum scoop that I wouldn't hesitate to use. :D

One time I was approached at night by a drunken moron in an aggressive manner, before he even got a word out I told him to back off and he did quickly. I don't mess around :D

Nice hunt meggie...:yes: (Good for you for walking away. I think a lot of us have had similar issues. I had to pull my Lesche on a drunk once at a boat launch. He was quite drunk, and had me cornered. He left very quickly when he saw my digger...:lol:)

Back
Top Bottom