It make a dog want to howl at the moon

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
It has been a long dry spell for me. I had forgotten what gold looks like. My best find lately has been scrap silver. So I hit a very unlikely place to hunt today. One that I have never found anything in years past. But what the heck. it was close and I just had a couple of hours to hunt before dark. As I was wading about knee deep the 3030 sang a sweet song, one I haven't heard in a long time. So down goes the scoop in the surf and nothing, down again and I almost wet my pants. So I put the treasure in my zipper pocket sang a you ain't a slumpy anymore tune and headed home.:kingdances::excited: Look what a beauty, could it be I hit it rich. HXXX no. Plated. It's pretty but I still live in the house that says Major Slumpy on the mail. box.:tissue::cuss:

Attachments

• 20170329_130808 copy.jpg
    20170329_130808 copy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 20170330_120504 copy.jpg
    20170330_120504 copy.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 546
That one would've majorly pumped me up as well!

aw man! Nooooooooooooo :frustrated: :crying: Where is the "HUGS" Emoji? I need to send you one of those. Hope gold comes soon!

It is a beauty, shame it's not real. Better then my day out...:dash2:

Oh Man! Thats the kind of thing that gets a guys Hopes up then dashes them straight into the rocks! I swear most agregiously at the fake metal mfgs, sales clerks, purchasers....in a long and unrepeatable tirade...:mad:

It has been a long dry spell for me. I had forgotten what gold looks like. My best find lately has been scrap silver. So I hit a very unlikely place to hunt today. One that I have never found anything in years past. But what the heck. it was close and I just had a couple of hours to hunt before dark. As I was wading about knee deep the 3030 sang a sweet song, one I haven't heard in a long time. So down goes the scoop in the surf and nothing, down again and I almost wet my pants. So I put the treasure in my zipper pocket sang a you ain't a slumpy anymore tune and headed home.:kingdances::excited: Look what a beauty, could it be I hit it rich. HXXX no. Plated. It's pretty but I still live in the house that says Major Slumpy on the mail. box.:tissue::cuss:

I'd take that plated bracelet over a penny, dime, quarter or a half dollar (clad). That thing looks sweet.

Cheers,

SKippy

way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!!! We've all been there done that but you were on cloud 9 for awhile ;)

Long dry spells are part of my life so I can commiserate with you. The thrill of victory dashed on the rocks of defeat. Danged junk sellers make life hard for us.

Definitely a heart stopper whenever they appear......all part of the hunt!! :roll:

Stopped me for awhile. I dared not look at it long on the beach and didn't know until I got home. My wife hates to see me cry.

That one would've majorly pumped me up as well!

Pumped up? My heart stopped beating for a minute. But Crash is my name. Crash and Burn that is.

I hate when that happens! pretty though!

Well it'd better than poison ivy. not much but some.

aw man! Nooooooooooooo :frustrated: :crying: Where is the "HUGS" Emoji? I need to send you one of those. Hope gold comes soon!
Gold? I've started detecting for pull tabs to collect the aluminum. :lol:

It is a beauty, shame it's not real. Better then my day out...:dash2:

Come on OBN. Your hiding something. You never zero out.

Hey, at least it looks nice! :)

That it does. It fooled me for sure.

Oh Man! Thats the kind of thing that gets a guys Hopes up then dashes them straight into the rocks! I swear most agregiously at the fake metal mfgs, sales clerks, purchasers....in a long and unrepeatable tirade...:mad:[/QUOTE

You got it mud. I think they are traitors to the pirates code. They should be made to swab the deck, clean the toilets and then walk the plank.

I'd take that plated bracelet over a penny, dime, quarter or a half dollar (clad). That thing looks sweet.

Cheers,

SKippy

That's right Skippy. I've really nothing to complain about compared to what I've been hauling home.

I would be willing to bet your wife is very happy.

So said," you don't like it so I'll take it." So I complained and could have sold it for $10 on ebay. Should have known better.

way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!!! We've all been there done that but you were on cloud 9 for awhile ;)
Not my first dud and want be my last.

Oh yeah! I know Murphey too.:laughing:

Me to very well.:lol:

Long dry spells are part of my life so I can commiserate with you. The thrill of victory dashed on the rocks of defeat. Danged junk sellers make life hard for us.

They are getting REAL good at plating and design of jewelry that give us the mumbles........

Hahaha, that looks exactly like a bracelet I wore to my first high school prom 20 years ago. Mine was definitely costume jewelry too. I think I still have it, actually. Just plated sparklies, but it's a cute memento. :yes:

They are getting REAL good at plating and design of jewelry that give us the mumbles........

You are correct dew. I've seen some so good it was hard for me to believe it wasn't real. Thanks for the response.

Hahaha, that looks exactly like a bracelet I wore to my first high school prom 20 years ago. Mine was definitely costume jewelry too. I think I still have it, actually. Just plated sparklies, but it's a cute memento. :yes:

Maybe you better check and see if you lost yours. Name city beach and par and it's yours.:lol:

The gold slump train is getting crowded Dog- someone needs to leave! :grin:

Sorry Compass but I've had my corner in the box car for so long, my butt is writing rent checks.:lol:

It make a dog want to howl at the moon,

Funny I had a oldtimer one time say something very similar. He would say about his wifes cooking.

Mrs Libby's cooking would make a dog break a chain.

Back
Top Bottom