Good Hunt Yesterday!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I hadn’t been out in 3 weeks as I have been going through some personal issues in addition to putting up a section of wooden fencing that Irma brought down. Well I finally finished putting up the fencing this week and felt I could go out and play a bit. Yesterday, low tide was at 3:30 and I asked the boss to leave an hour early. I went to “Penny Beach” since I hadn’t been there in a while and I suspected that Irma may not have affected it like the other beaches that I frequent. I was hunting at 2pm and hunted for a very busy 3½ hours. Early in the hunt came what I thought would be a junk ring that was in between some large boulders that I maneuvered my coil through but when I got home and cleaned it seems to be silver - the “kissing my sister” metal. There was no yellow to be had for me but I did get quite the work out at 191 coins and just over $7 in clad for that time. I was correct in my assumption about that beach but I did notice that many of the coins had a brown hue to them that I found unusual from my prior hunts there. Yesterday’s hunt was the 1st time that I think I’ve ever had that I wasn’t excited about getting out for a hunt. However, once I got in the water it was nice to detach and just focus on the beeps. Looking forward to getting out a bit more!

Attachments

• 10-19-17.jpg
    10-19-17.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 271
  • 10-19-17 Ring.jpg
    10-19-17 Ring.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 269
Gezzz Felix, It would of taken me 3.5 hours just to dig all those cents, WoW!!
Getting out after some time off can be a very comfortable feeling...back in your element.
Nice hunt:yes:
DL

Congrats on the silver and getting back out there Felix. :yes: Was there much trash? :?:

Yes 151 pieces :laughing:

Nice clean up Felix :yes:, been awhile since I’ve found that many coins and never in 3.5 hours :wow:
Hope you get some yellow next time out brother :yes:

Thats a Hunt! There wont be any beach left if you keep hauling out all the coins like that! Good on ya for taking off work early too, and for fixing the fence...but mostly for the nice soak and pulling that amount in that short of time!

Now that's a work out Felix. Don't think I've ever dug that many coins in the short a time. As far as kissing your sister, send a photo and if I don't like what I see, I'll close my eyes and take my chances. :lol: Silver is always good. Nice hunt.

Back
Top Bottom