What A day to be in the mountains!!!

NevTrac

Forum Supporter
I was looking at an old aerial photo last night and found an old bridge on an abandoned highway so I went to check it out. Didn't find anything good there ,but man was it awesome!

After A couple hours there with no success, I went down the road to A "closed for the season" campground. Found A little clad, A toy train, A token, and A 52s wheat. The rosie is from A different hunt last week, just thought I'd throw it in since I didn't post it then.

Enjoy the pics and HH everyone, Disconnected

Attachments

• Sep24 026.jpg
    Sep24 026.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 349
  • Sep24 025.jpg
    Sep24 025.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Sep24 027.jpg
    Sep24 027.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 381
  • Sep24 031.jpg
    Sep24 031.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 357
  • Sep24 033.jpg
    Sep24 033.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 343
  • Sep24 034.jpg
    Sep24 034.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 364
Man, that is God's country ! WTG on the digs - thx for all the pics, steve in so az

Nice pics, and ya have a little dusting of snow on the peaks ain't gonna be long now!!!! Same here, we're living on borrowed time with this nice fall weather. Pretty stuff. Good silver.

ColoKid

Breath Taking.....

Having lived in Winnemucca ( & Elko), I had the opportunity to spend some time in the mountains above Carson City, and I consider that some of the most beautiful country I have ever visited..... I wouldn't care if I didn't find anything, just getting out and enjoying that area was always enough for me in the past. Now I'd like to go back and try to find things as well.....

Thanks for the pics, & HH - Dave............

Having lived in Winnemucca ( & Elko), I had the opportunity to spend some time in the mountains above Carson City, and I consider that some of the most beautiful country I have ever visited..... I wouldn't care if I didn't find anything, just getting out and enjoying that area was always enough for me in the past. Now I'd like to go back and try to find things as well.....

Thanks for the pics, & HH - Dave............

it was breath taking. I kept smacking my coil into rocks because I was to busy looking at the scenery instead of the ground:lol:and if you ever get up this way I'd love to hunt with you.

it was breath taking. I kept smacking my coil into rocks because I was to busy looking at the scenery instead of the ground:lol:and if you ever get up this way I'd love to hunt with you.

I am hoping to come up that way next summer. I have a friend that lives in Carson, and I would like to visit with him (he has a detector as well). He has lived in the area for a while, so I am sure he knows where the good places are! Take Care & HH, Dave.......

Great pics, it was a great day! glad to see you got out. Though I didnt find any wheats the other day I ended up getting a 52 in my change on the way home. The worst day of dirt fishing is better than the best day of working.
Have fun
Jim

Great pics, it was a great day! glad to see you got out. Though I didnt find any wheats the other day I ended up getting a 52 in my change on the way home. The worst day of dirt fishing is better than the best day of working.
Have fun
Jim

Amen to that

Beautiful pics! Sure a lot different than around here. But, I have Lake Superior, and that is as equally beautiful to hunt along. I need to post some more scenery pics as well. Go find more silver. Do you get much of a winter there?

I guess that would depend on your definition of winter, and every year is different. Where I was today will probably be under at least 5 feet of snow in A couple months. Up on the peaks maybe 20 feet. Farmers almanac predicting heavy snow around here this year. Who knows? Down in the valley where I live It's usually not to bad. I do remember one year though, I think it was 92, I had to shovel my roof because I thought it was going to collapse. Usually not as bitterly cold as where you are though(have A friend in Minn, always whining:lol:)HH, Disconnected

Back
Top Bottom