Greetings from Tucson

ryandewald

Hey all. I've been detecting for about 3 years now. My latest kit is an E- Trac for land and an Excalibur II for the water.

My outings are sporadic due to having 2 young kids and a job as a paramedic, but my work schedule means that I do get to detect on "workdays" when many prime hunting locations are less populated.

I've been out in the desert and to some abandoned homesteads and had a little luck, but by far my best days have been right in town at the parks!

If anyone here is from Tucson and would like to hit a spot sometime PM me!

Also I have family in Wisconsin and get there now and again. Anyone from Wisco who is taking a trip to AZ and would like a guide to some good hunting spots let me know!

Ryan

Thanks for the welcome(s). Yes Ricky there apparently is some nugget shooting to be had around here, an endeavor I have, as yet, not partaken of.

It might be time to give that a go. Anyone know who to talk to for leads in that area?

Greetings from up Florence way...

Ryan, Welcome to the forum! I know that there are several other members in the Tucson area, and I am sure that they will chime in before too long...

Good Luck & HH, Dave........

Hey Gumby,

I get pretty excited when I get a 3 hour hall pass! But I find that the limited time sharpens my resolve. Sadly the prospect of gold rings is out the window (can't be bothered with the pull tabs) and sometimes I'm only digging dimes or better.

Of course when the kids are all growed up and I'm retired I'll miss these days so I takes what I can gets!

Ryan

Hey Ryan, welcome aboard. I live in Vail, I'm also sporting an ETrac and am from Kenosha Wisconsin. Some common roots there. There are at least two clubs in Tucson. I belong to Detectors Unlimited. We meet the fourth Tuesday of every month at 1635 N. Craycroft Rd. in the Annex Building behind the main building. Our next meeting is Tuesday Feb 22nd at 7 p.m. We also have one hunt every month and also do outings, programs, raffles, finds of the month contest and other things. We have a club silver hunt coming up real soon that should be interesting. You should try to attend a meeting sometime. There is also a gold prospecting club in town. The Desert Gold Diggers. They have a lot of claims around the area and it sounds like a nice club. Again, like you, I just havnt gotten around to attend one of their club meetings yet but I will. Here are the web links for the two clubs:

http://detectorsunlimited.org/
http://www.desert-gold-diggers.org/

Due to my work schedule, I'm rather limited in my time detecting too, but due manage to get out a couple times a month. I'll send you a PM here in just a couple of minutes. Happy Hunting......

Lonnie

Back
Top Bottom