Three Days Worth Of Hunting

Dan48

I've had a 17 inch coil for several years and have been swapping back and forth for most of that time. Committed to it last month and have been getting better with it. Really did well these last three hunts, can't say for certain it's the bigger coil but can't argue with success either.

Happy hunting everybody.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 561
Got that 1988 D penny in the photo too. It should be a zincoln but I swear it rang up a regular copper penny. It has a mirror finish but I'm not sure if it's a proof or someone just polished it?

Sorry, but you can't take that cut barber dime as a show & tell. Since it's only half a coin. Tsk tsk. :laughing:

I've had a 17 inch coil for several years and have been swapping back and forth for most of that time. Committed to it last month and have been getting better with it. Really did well these last three hunts, can't say for certain it's the bigger coil but can't argue with success either.

Happy hunting everybody.

It fascinates me when I see cut coins like that.

This last week, I had purchased some silver rounds for some silver casting I was doing. I pulled out my tin snips and tried to cut the silver... Couldn't do it. I had my son spend 5 minutes with a hammer flattening and thinning out the silver so I could actually cut it. I'm a big guy, and it took a LOT of force to finally cut the silver. And it curled the pieces, to boot.

I realized, at that moment, that the only way to cut a "pieces of 8" (Reale) or silver coin would be with some sort of chisel and a mallet or sledge (or small jewelers saw). No way to just "cut it." It takes a LOT of force to cut silver like that!

Skippy

I've found other cut coins recently. Half a merc which was a 1916 but the mint mark was missing, bummer. And a Washington quarter. I have no idea if it's mowers or intentional? Oh well, "Something is better than nothing", or so I've been told. :roll:

Not sure if I should put them in holders or stick them in with some of the godawful silver rings I've found over the years? (The ugly ones my wife passes on) lol

Nice finds with that big coil. I hunt a lot with it and it loves wheaties. Every once in a while I will find a nice hot spot in a park and score some deep silvers. Congrats!

I am finding hot spots and absolutely digging deeper targets. Most of these are coming in several inches deeper than the stock coil. Some are off the chart deep but with really questionable signals.

“Can’t argue with success”...no,you can’t. For me wheats are in the 41-43 range, silver 45-47. 44 could be either depending...up to 7-8”. Beyond that the low 40’s COULD be silver but wheats get really weak and break up every other pass or so. This is a good indicator for me what’s what.
The 17” coil is a phenom. Best coil I’ve ever used on any machine. I say that because of its success,with which I can’t argue.:grin:
Very well done Dan,you get the “silver props” today!

“Can’t argue with success”...no,you can’t. For me wheats are in the 41-43 range, silver 45-47. 44 could be either depending...up to 7-8”. Beyond that the low 40’s COULD be silver but wheats get really weak and break up every other pass or so. This is a good indicator for me what’s what.
The 17” coil is a phenom. Best coil I’ve ever used on any machine. I say that because of its success,with which I can’t argue.:grin:
Very well done Dan,you get the “silver props” today!

Thank you and I agree, this coil is the best I've ever used. My wheats come in 39-42ish, and sometimes sound like silver. Silver seems to run 40-45ish. Indians run 34-37 with a very mild tone. I'm running "gone hunting's" settings with an open screen.

Not all of these silvers were super deep, some I could have found with the stock coil, possibly all of them. But I think the bigger surface area helps cover the ground better too.

I do like this coil for this park, it's huge like a half mile long and a city block or more wide. I'm finding hot spots from a century + ago and some areas from the 50-60's time frame mostly. Lots of trash in some areas but this coil doesn't seem any worse there than the stock. The only time the weight bothers me is on hills and moving to different areas while holding it off the ground slightly. Swinging it isn't a problem.

I appreciate all the responses and happy hunting everybody.

Back
Top Bottom