New spots produce. 2 mercs, 32 "D" quarter, 1 buffalo, 2 Indians, 2 wheats, 2 Large Cents and relics **PICS and VIDEOS** Update 7/2/2012

ATProGuy

Elite Member
I had a good weekend overall. A total of 18 hours spent detecting in 90+ degree heat over Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday evening I spent the night hitting an old home that was once a hotel in the mid 1880's. It was hard to find good targets as there was iron EVERYWHERE but I did manage. I ended up pulling 2 Large Cents and some misc relics. One of the Large Cents is toasted and someone must have had fun beating it up at one point. Both Large Cents were found near the base of a large tree. Besides the Cents and relics I got over $1.50 in clad.

silver067.jpg

silver057.jpg

On Sunday I decided to go back and hit the same spot again. Man was it hot out. 93 degrees but luckily the entire house is in the shade with 250 year old trees. Also I was lucky enough to be on the side of the house with a breeze. I spent a total of 8 hours detecting the house this trip.

I found my very first Buffalo nickel, another Indian head penny, a wheat penny and some clad there on this trip. I found a bunch of relics including a crobal bell right on the surface popping through the ground lol. My first actually.

silver068.jpg

silver072.jpg

I decided to switch it up as the iron was kicking my butt at this location and try another spot. I ended up less then a mile down the road lol. Here I found my only 2 silver coins of the weekend. A mercury dime and a Washington quarter. The quarter is actually a 1932 "D" quarter!!

silver077.jpg

silver074.jpg

silver078.jpg

silver080.jpg

And here is a pic of the better finds minus all of the trash and clad.

silver089.jpg

silver086.jpg

Videos from the silvers.

Mercury dime - 7/1/2012 - Video #1

1932 Quarter - 7/1/2012 - Video #2

UPDATE! 7/2/2012

Nothing much but I did manage another silver from the same spot as the silvers yesterday. 2 wheat pennies, one Indian penny and another mercury dime. Misc relics as usual but I figured I would share this pretty cool glass door knob.

772012.jpg

Indian Head.

7-2-2012indian.jpg

Mercury dime.

7-2-2012005.jpg

Door knob.

7-2-2012007.jpg

Videos from today - 7/2/2012

Indian Head - 7/2/2012 - Video #1

Mercury dime - 7/2/2012 - Video #2

Huge Congrats!

On the key date washington quarter. Man you are finding some outstanding finds. Keep it up. The heat this weekend was to much for me. I went out for a little bit . Those 8 hours in the heat were worth it when you find something like that. Keep the videos going. Thumbs up

On the key date washington quarter. Man you are finding some outstanding finds. Keep it up. The heat this weekend was to much for me. I went out for a little bit . Those 8 hours in the heat were worth it when you find something like that. Keep the videos going. Thumbs up

Thanks man. I am just about to hit 50 silvers total and for me thats pretty good since I started this hobby New Years day lol. We gotta get together sometime. Ive slacked on hitting you up.

excellent digs! that 32 washington rocks! and all the other oldies also. i dug up a glass knob like the one you found. its a cool relic i think. congrats on all the good stuff you found...keep posting the goods !

excellent digs! that 32 washington rocks! and all the other oldies also. i dug up a glass knob like the one you found. its a cool relic i think. congrats on all the good stuff you found...keep posting the goods !

Thanks man. I will be out all day tomorrow hitting the dirt so hopefully I will have some more goodies to show for it. I think the knob is pretty cool too.

I bunted this spot around some goodies but no more silver. I ended up selling the quarter earlier today to a local collector for a cool $100. I feel I got a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom