Gas prices

hawgdawg

Forum Supporter
I saw gas for $ 1.56 9/ today . A couple of years ago I thought I'd never see it under 3 bucks again in my lifetime . We sure are in some weird times in this world . What's it like in your area's ?

I live close to the Seneca Reservation and right now $ 1 .45 price changes up and down every couple days . Else where it can be 65- 1 .00 more. The stations off the reservation only change there prices under threat from the Attorney General . The Govt. can't stand it that we are enjoying a break in oil prices so they will take this opportunity to tax us and blame it on some thing .
HH

I figure, enjoy it while it lasts. Prices go down during election years, specially after a two-term president, shows he and his party did something... Think some of the other oil producing countries are a little concerned about us stepping up our own production, and our pushing for alternatives to fossil fuels, worldwide. Cheap and plentiful oil, is a good way to undermine those efforts. We've got a lot of oil in the ground, just costs a lot to pump it out, they do much better than minimum wage. Wall Street and our government knows we are willing and able to pay $4/gallon and more, they are going to start cashing in on it soon, probably higher taxes on fuels too, since we need more money to fund the fix on Global Warming, cause entirely by burning fossil fuels (jokingly). Consider the tax on tobacco products, since it's scientific fact they cause cancer, and a lot of other deadly medical conditions. If tobacco is such a huge health problem, why isn't it banned altogether? It's a use all you want, as long as you are willing able to pay for it.

I think once we get comfortable with low gas prices again, our government will pass some new tax laws on it, raising the prices. The oil producers will start playing the price and production game, and we haven't seen nuthin' yet, for the price of a gallon of gas.

1.69 here in Western ND...eastern part is always .20 to .25 cheaper but here the local gas criminals continue to fleece us....:?:

I'm enjoying it while I can , but as some have stated on here , I to believe that we will soon be paying the price for our good fortunes . Get ready , I do believe they're gonna really stick it to us .

Cheapest I can see here is $1.95.... if only we weren't paying $0.68 a gallon in taxes. :(

I'm enjoying it while I can , but as some have stated on here , I to believe that we will soon be paying the price for our good fortunes . Get ready , I do believe they're gonna really stick it to us .

unfortunately I think your right.

From both sides of the political isle. One side sees it as a good time to impose taxs and the other, who might I add was gloating about how the free market was working when gas was $4.00 a gallon, now want controls to prevent oil from dropping this far. Because heaven forbid the free market work the other way.

Either way, If the common person is the one getting the windfall....... its bad and must be dealt with.

Saw $1.39 in SW Ohio on the way to work this morning. A couple of weeks ago my work place gave us 1000 Fuel points for our Kroger cards as part of a thank you so I got to fill up for .54 a gallon, filled my tank (nearly empty) and gas can for under $10. Doubt I'll ever see that again

Back
Top Bottom