Garrett Pro Pointer Question?

serchn4chedr

Elite Member
Long story short. Pro pointer had falsing issues, they sent me a new one. My original pp would detect at least 4 inches if not more. My new one detects at about 2 inches. I really liked having the extra depth on the original one, is that normal or was it caused by by the same issue that caused the falsing? Is there a way to adjust the pp to give it extra depth? Thanks for your input.

Depends, which garrett pp do you have? If it's the new at pro pointer (the orange one) then yes you can change the sensitivity. As far as falsing it could be a number of things. Dead battery or the correct ground balance could factor in but garrett makes good products.

Long story short. Pro pointer had falsing issues, they sent me a new one. My original pp would detect at least 4 inches if not more. My new one detects at about 2 inches. I really liked having the extra depth on the original one, is that normal or was it caused by by the same issue that caused the falsing? Is there a way to adjust the pp to give it extra depth? Thanks for your input.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=226112&highlight=pro+pointer+air+test

<-- Check out this thread on pin pointers. Most people (including myself) feel the AT-PP is noticeably different from the old black PP.

Depends, which garrett pp do you have? If it's the new at pro pointer (the orange one) then yes you can change the sensitivity. As far as falsing it could be a number of things. Dead battery or the correct ground balance could factor in but garrett makes good products.

Thanks for the reply.

It was the original pro pointer. The falsing issues happened every fourth or fifth time I turned it on and it would just buzz whether near metal or not. Even if I ground balanced it would still do the same. Happened since the day I bought it several battery changes. Sent it back to Garrett and instead of repairing it they sent me a new pp.

The question is there anyway to adjust the original pp to be more sensitive?

I don't think there's a way to make it more sensitive. If you want one that's changeable you could consider selling it an getting the new at pro pointer. Or even the deteknix xpointer. I own it and it's a great pinpointer for the price!

I don't think there's a way to make it more sensitive. If you want one that's changeable you could consider selling it an getting the new at pro pointer. Or even the deteknix xpointer. I own it and it's a great pinpointer for the price!

I've been considering that, but more likely Ill buy the AT and keep the PP as a backup.

You can supertune the pro pointers, all models, youtube could show you better than i could tell you, theres even a gadget that was being made and sold

Back
Top Bottom