First time out since September..

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I just have so little time these days taking of my 92 year old mom, working, dealing with my Menieres... hunted a slope that I found clay under down around 6 inches.. hunted about two hours before I quit.. was having issues with my balance.. rings are both junkers although the stainless sounded real good through my skullies.. maybe next time I find yellow.Hunted a couple hours...

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 436
I'll never get tired of seeing the black disks in my scoop, and hearing the "clank clank" in the basket :)

Hey! I see a Standing Q and a Merc in that mess! You gotta like that! :neat:

Honestly Mud.. I could care less about beach silver.. now dirt is a different story... :yes:

I'll never get tired of seeing the black disks in my scoop, and hearing the "clank clank" in the basket :)

i had no clank, clank Tom.. I was dumping the sand and looking for the targets ;)

That’s a good day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It would have been a lot better with yellow Treasure.. but the tide was terrible a plus 1.2 I'm heading back to this spot when minus tides kick in..

The treasure isn't the results of the hunt although that's a nice-to-have.
The real treasure is in being able to hunt in the first place.
Hoping 2019 brings you improved health and patience in caring for your mom.

The treasure isn't the results of the hunt although that's a nice-to-have.
The real treasure is in being able to hunt in the first place.
Hoping 2019 brings you improved health and patience in caring for your mom.

Thanks Mike... its difficult trying to get someone to eat when they tell you nothing tastes good anymore... :roll: I have her drinking ensure now which she seems to be enjoying... at least her weight has stabilized.. I cooked salmon and filet mignon last night and she wouldn't eat it... at least she ate the sweet potatoes and asparagus I also cooked.

I have my food days and bad days with the menieres.. I have increased the antivert dosage but it makes me even more drowsy..

You stay in it Pal..you got friends here...You gotta just bull your way on through....

Salmon is the perfect food for Humans though..NASA did studies for long range space travel....What they discovered is the perfect food for Humans is salmon...

Attachments

• salmon sept.jpg
    salmon sept.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 377
Glad

To see you get out for a hunt Craig, hope your feeling better by spring, if not ill come up bungee Shogun to your waist to improve your balance a few tug's , when i take him off , you will stand like a champ howboutit :twister: ;):lol:

I think a lot of us understand what it's like to be responsible for parents. Good on you getting out there! It helps with the stress.

R5

Nice seeing you put Craig! Those stainless steel rings can sound so good. :roll: I hope to post a decent amount of Felix pennies tomorrow from my planned hunt to make you feel better.

Crazy tides this year! And all this rain...

I'm just glad you could get out! I don't know how you keep up with family, work, health..then a wife that will be home soon. Tough man you are..:yes:

Good to see you finally made it to the beach again Craig...Congrats on the Stander, Merc and the rest!

Thanks Bruce...

You got some blacken silvers there. Congrats on the nice assortment!

Thanks Jak

To see you get out for a hunt Craig, hope your feeling better by spring, if not ill come up bungee Shogun to your waist to improve your balance a few tug's , when i take him off , you will stand like a champ howboutit :twister: ;):lol:

I have enough issues with my balance now.. your dog would finish me off :lol:

I think a lot of us understand what it's like to be responsible for parents. Good on you getting out there! It helps with the stress.

R5

Thanks Raider that is exactly why I pushed myself to go out to relieve the stress ;)

nice hunt craig congrats on the stander so how many silvers do you have have this year :D

Sorry Mark.. I don't count beach silver I rank it just above Felix pennies and worth about the same :lol:

Nice seeing you put Craig! Those stainless steel rings can sound so good. :roll: I hope to post a decent amount of Felix pennies tomorrow from my planned hunt to make you feel better.

Thanks Felix... and yeah I thought for sure I had gold until I saw it then I knew it was a junker..

Hang in there. Nice to see the finds.

Thanks Good... I'm trying trust me.. it sucks having to walk with your head looking down all the time otherwise I get the feeling I am going to have a drop attack that they call vertigo.. I was telling my doctor I used to be able to sleep on my left side but not anymore if I do 30 seconds or less I have a vertigo attack and everything starts to spin.. this issue is not new.. it started in my late 20's but went into remission for years then would come back before going back into remission... all summer long I was fine.. now its back.. they say its hereditary.. my grandfather and godmother both had it. My neighbors wife has it so we compare notes on it and she has helped me with it and how better to deal with it when it comes on.

Congrats on the hunt! That standing liberty is a great find (even if you don't think so :D).

My prayers are with you as you care for your mom. I know it can be very trying. My family cared for my grandma, who had Alzheimer's Disease, for the last 10 years of her life on earth... but, though it was at times very hard, we wouldn't trade those years for the world. It truly was a blessing.

Good to see you got out Craig, that seems to be half the battle somedays.
Bummer your Menieres is still affecting you, i know the feeling all too well. I have been lucky for the past few years with mine, it stinks not knowing when and how badly it will hit. I think what helped me the most was seeing a doctor who did a very strange maneuver of having me lay down facing right, sat me up quickly and turned my head a certain way and then repeating several times. This helps to get any loose particles in your inner ear to "relodge" instead of floating free which is what causes alot of the dizziness. I would highly recommend trying this therapy if you have not already...

I'm just glad you could get out! I don't know how you keep up with family, work, health..then a wife that will be home soon. Tough man you are..:yes:

Thanks Joe... Yesterday I bought and put up the christmas tree.. wife was too busy to help she was sitting on couch playing that game candy crush :lol:.. so today while she is out shopping for whatever because she doesn't food shop as I do the cooking.. I am baking cookies for her christmas party at work... she told her friends at work she doesn't cook and they were shocked so they wanted her to make cookies... I'm making them and she is taking the credit :laughing: Those who preach happy wife happy life.. well that is an anomaly :lol: I am waiting with baited breath for the wife to have her knee replacement surgery next month to fill in my open spots in my life... :roll: In my next life I want to comeback as my Labrador retriever she is so spoiled and happy :laughing:

Congrats on the hunt! That standing liberty is a great find (even if you don't think so :D).

My prayers are with you as you care for your mom. I know it can be very trying. My family cared for my grandma, who had Alzheimer's Disease, for the last 10 years of her life on earth... but, though it was at times very hard, we wouldn't trade those years for the world. It truly was a blessing.

I know Princess... I'm just spoiled by the amount of gold and silver I have found over the years.. dirt silver is so much nicer to find... last year I found a few key date silvers from the water that are worthless.. its why I don't think much of it.

Good to see you got out Craig, that seems to be half the battle somedays.
Bummer your Menieres is still affecting you, i know the feeling all too well. I have been lucky for the past few years with mine, it stinks not knowing when and how badly it will hit. I think what helped me the most was seeing a doctor who did a very strange maneuver of having me lay down facing right, sat me up quickly and turned my head a certain way and then repeating several times. This helps to get any loose particles in your inner ear to "relodge" instead of floating free which is what causes alot of the dizziness. I would highly recommend trying this therapy if you have not already...

Menieres is a different than BPPV which you are describing.. menieres involves hearing loss and I have it in both ears in the low range,also both ears ring 24/7 it does not stop.. my right ear that is most affected has a pressure feeling in it that does not go away.. eventually there will be permanent hearing loss in the affected ear... You are thinking of the Epley maneuver it may stop some of the balance issues but it will do nothing for the other symptoms.. My grandfather never drove after he was affected, could not walk without staggering... they didn't have antivert then.. my god mother was luckier and able to have access to antivert.. the menieres passed by my brother and sister.. it wanted me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom