Well, that was interesting...

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
This morning I took the NOX 800 to attempt a Stadium clad slam session....I left the house an hour before Sun-up, pouring rain...First place was locked up tight....proceeded on over to another and WhooHoo! Open Gate! So In I go...

Well, I've hit this place a few times before, back last Fall, and made a fabulous killing in there with the F70, so I didnt expect too much other than fresh drops...

I am trying to run the NOX like I did the F70, meaning somewhat soft/mid settings, 50 tones, no ground balance or any fooling around with performing the noise cancellation even, just turn on and go in Park2 with a sens of 15....

Like I said, I've knocked well over 250 Q's out of this place very quickly last year ....conditions today were the same as they were last year...sopping wet dirt, windy and raining...So yeah...I like this NOX as a Clad Hammer...proportional audio is dead on, a guy can tell how deep a target is audibly, a guy can tell a two stack of Q's from a singleton....a guy can 'hop coil' to pinpoint, and a guy can hunt in a frog strangler of a rain...ID and audio is dead on, so no digging junk! Just fast slinging coil for the Q's!

I was in there 2hrs total and pulled this mess with the screwdriver...60 Q's....With the exception of about 10 freshies, the rest were All pulled out of dirt and drop zones previously worked...OK...I'm trusting this NOX as a simple and effective clad hammer...Even without GB or noise cancellation, just turn on and go! Thats what I was hoping for!

Attachments

• oct 28-18.jpg
    oct 28-18.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 329
Mud with a pile of hammered coins?
Mindblowing!!!!!!
Enough rain to drown a frog 🐸 ?
Sheesh that sounds brutal 🤔
Takes me weeks to find that .
,Dew

Dang that’s a killer haul, can’t wait to get my nox

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Congrats Mud on an excellent hunt. :pirate: Anyone who got up in the dark and in the rain we had last night deserves all the bounty that can be recovered.

The sad part of the hunt is the lack of new drops. I see the same in the school fields and parks, with only a very small portion, maybe 2%, of the coins dropped within a year or so. Sometimes there are zero coins in that first inch of ground, and I am visualizing the end of the clad bounty.

This morning I took the NOX 800 to attempt a Stadium clad slam session....I left the house an hour before Sun-up, pouring rain...First place was locked up tight....proceeded on over to another and WhooHoo! Open Gate! So In I go...

Well, I've hit this place a few times before, back last Fall, and made a fabulous killing in there with the F70, so I didnt expect too much other than fresh drops...

I am trying to run the NOX like I did the F70, meaning somewhat soft/mid settings, 50 tones, no ground balance or any fooling around with performing the noise cancellation even, just turn on and go in Park2 with a sens of 15....

Like I said, I've knocked well over 250 Q's out of this place very quickly last year ....conditions today were the same as they were last year...sopping wet dirt, windy and raining...So yeah...I like this NOX as a Clad Hammer...proportional audio is dead on, a guy can tell how deep a target is audibly, a guy can tell a two stack of Q's from a singleton....a guy can 'hop coil' to pinpoint, and a guy can hunt in a frog strangler of a rain...ID and audio is dead on, so no digging junk! Just fast slinging coil for the Q's!

I was in there 2hrs total and pulled this mess with the screwdriver...60 Q's....With the exception of about 10 freshies, the rest were All pulled out of dirt and drop zones previously worked...OK...I'm trusting this NOX as a simple and effective clad hammer...Even without GB or noise cancellation, just turn on and go! Thats what I was hoping for!

Love those quarters Mud! Looks like plenty of them were deeper too. It just goes to show that the NOX 800 can really sniff out that clad!! I will have to recheck all of the schools around here again. I am sure there are targets that need to be extracted!

Thank you for the comments Friends! Yes...I think the multifreak capability is a benefit, plus waterproof...the cordless phones are nice, especially in a rain, a guy can pull a hood up over them to keep them protected...

With corded phones, the cord doesnt allow this comfortably or satisfactorily..the cord is in the way and keeps trying to pull the phones off...

I will agree there isnt the big loses in clad anymore, as the proportion of fresh drops in the photo depicts, and we are all experiencing in our clad areas...I was pulling no where near my typical 90 CPH I get with the F70 in a virgin site...so getting a NOX as a dedicated Clad Hammer my be a losing proposition for Most...

It's akin to bringing a gun to a knife fight, using the NOX for Clad...Still though, I think it can keep up to the F70's pure speed in a fresh site...Its tough to beat the F70 as a clad quick broom...but again, the NOX being multifreak and waterproof are some key strengths...

Its tough to beat an AtPro as a Gold Hammer in the water....especially for chains....So the NOX has this base covered as well...a guy can use it effectively in multiple genres and various weather....

I was looking for something that was a 'One and Done' kinda rig...Something I could use no matter what the day or site situation dictates... so yeah, the NOX is like a cross between the F70 and the Atpro, but with the multifreak capability and a complementary backlight! :laughing:

Attachments

• three rigs.jpg
    three rigs.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Great job John. Looks like you were busy. Now it’s time to hit the vending machines for exchange of clean ones.

Back
Top Bottom