Who all has found gold rings with the equinox ?

This one came in at 18-19

Attachments

• received_2299098746797515.jpg
    received_2299098746797515.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 254
I really don't mind digging clads. They have paid for all my equipment in less than one year. I do find some gold but not like you saltwater guys. I take what is available and have learned to accept that. I love this hobby and will keep doing it as long as my hips hold up to all the digging. Most of my good finds come from parks, high school sports complexes and flea market grounds.
Just like the blind squirrel, I do find an occasional nut !!

Asking that question is almost as broad as what does a person look like.

It depends upon:

geometry (how big the ring is, how thick, is it bent?)
Symmetry (is it a simple band? Is it ornate? Does it have stones? What is the orientation in the ground)
Composition (Is it 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k, 24k, what base metals were used in the alloy)

I found a small, thin, simple, 14k band that rang up as -4
I found a large-ish, simple, 10KP band that rang up between 44-48
I found a 10k white gold ring that rang up between 17-21
I found a 10k gold ring that rang up ~26

Thicker rings will ring up higher than thinner rings.
Purer gold will ring up higher than lower quality gold if they share the same dimensions.

It is a much more complicated question to answer than it seems.

Asking that question is almost as broad as what does a person look like.

It depends upon:

geometry (how big the ring is, how thick, is it bent?)
Symmetry (is it a simple band? Is it ornate? Does it have stones? What is the orientation in the ground)
Composition (Is it 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k, 24k, what base metals were used in the alloy)

I found a small, thin, simple, 14k band that rang up as -4
I found a large-ish, simple, 10KP band that rang up between 44-48
I found a 10k white gold ring that rang up between 17-21
I found a 10k gold ring that rang up ~26

Thicker rings will ring up higher than thinner rings.
Purer gold will ring up higher than lower quality gold if they share the same dimensions.

It is a much more complicated question to answer than it seems.

Understood. The best option normally is to search a broad spectrum , but in an area so dense with trash gold range targets if I dont narrow the range I could spend all summer in a 4 ft. by 4 ft. area :lol: Normally I wouldnt bother with a place like that except to cherry pick coins but there has to be more gold here , besides being an old fairground the particular area is used for many other things including the most used area for people watching fireworks for decades. Its really a lost cause unless I get really lucky anyway so I am trying to get an idea of the most common gold usually found , which in theory might make the needle in the haystack turn up a little sooner.

So far I am starting to think setting the selected range a little higher could have the best odds , and larger gold is usually worth more so thats a plus as well.

depends on where you are hunting

for me it depends where I am hunting. When hunting civil war relics I don't worry about locating rings. Yes, some do find CW era rings, but rare compared to bullets and other cw relics.

when on the beach and in a lead and corroded penny zone I dig everything. On the towel line i discrim pop tops and bottle caps and of course iron.

In a trashy park I just focus on coins. In tot lots and volleyball courts I dig everything.

Back
Top Bottom