MXT Sport or Nokta Impact

Al19067

Which one would you guys buy? I'm moving to Delaware near Bethany beach in October, I'll be hunting both ground and beaches. My fav md I ever used was X-terra 705, I don't like a lot of chatter (reason why I sold my Deus)

Admittedly, I know nothing about the MXT. But everything I've seen and heard about the Impact tells me it's an amazing machine, even around salt water and the like. But from a personal standpoint, however, I wouldn't choose the Impact for any water-based hunting because accidents happen, and it's not waterproof (it not being waterproof is why I'm personally choose the ATMax instead).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If your Deus chattered too much then you had your sensitivity too high. Deus for land and a minelab excaliburII for the beach. No machine does both well other than CTX 3030 but I wouldnt want to swing that heavy machine for too long

If you loved the 705 I'd stick to minelab. etrac or ctx if you want to get wet.

IMPACT is sparky/noisey
MX Sport is extremly underrated and does well in salt for single freq but if you are gonna swing a boat anchor might as well get a minelab.

Trashfinder has a great deal on a CTX in classifieds and is A+ all around guy.

Personally, I'd go with the sport. It's an excellent all purpose machine and waterproof to ten ft

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

two of my friends had the sport and I couldn't stand it and neither could they it went down the road fairly quickly.

Well, if water hunting is in the equation.

I would suggest At Pro or At Max.

I had a MX sport.
And have an Impact.

So my answer is let's say a diversion.
Of course if $$$$ is no object, get Minelab CTX.
I have one of them too.

It is you who must be satisfied not me.

If your Deus chattered too much then you had your sensitivity too high. Deus for land and a minelab excaliburII for the beach. No machine does both well other than CTX 3030 but I wouldnt want to swing that heavy machine for too long

The CTX is heavy at 5 LB. But the balance offsets the weight. I swing the machine all day with the 14" coil without a sling. I just shorten the lower shaft so it hangs all most straight down. And close to my feet. Plus the CTX is excellent in salt water. Just watch a few of Grave Digger Max's video.

Back
Top Bottom