Columbus Georgia

Metalsworrab

Anyone in the surrounding area of Columbus Georgia need a partner? Preferably someone who knows the area well.

Metalsworrab said:
Anyone in the surrounding area of Columbus Georgia need a partner? Preferably someone who knows the area well.
Welcome to FMDF! I wish I could help you out, but I live across the country in Vale, Oregon which is about 20 miles from the Oregon / Idaho border. You're a younger member in this great sport and while I think it's great to share hunt-site ideas and locations, be cautious and be respectful.

Be cautious about which sites you offer to share with others because from time-to-time you'll meet a stinker out there who will take you up on the offer. Then re-visit a potentially good site, frequently, without letting you or anyone else know. Get to know any detecting buddies well.

Therefore, remember to be respectful of any opportunity you have to hunt a site you've been invited to and not abuse that invited opportunity. Respect other's sites, and I am referring to permission type access and not a regular public access property where anyone could go.

How long have you been detecting?

You might want to let folks know what type of detecting you are interested in, also, such as Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting, Beach Hunting, etc. I've been enjoying this great sport for more than double your age and I can guarantee you it can be a lot of fun. Enjoyable relaxation with some interesting finds along the way. All the best to you as you enjoy this great sport.

Monte

Monte,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate all the advice. I am not new to detecting, I’ve been doing it for about 7 years now.

I am in the military which makes it rather difficult finding hunting sites due to the constant moving around and limited free time. I really hope someone on this forum will help me out in finding a new site! My location generally dictates what type of hunting I try to do. For the last 4 years I solely was beach hunting because I was assigned to a unit about 15 minutes from popular beach areas. I would love to get into coin hunting in my new area.

Once again I appreciate your kindness and I hope all is well.

Are there places on Fort Benning that you could hit. A few years back I went down to where the airborne trainees landed but the weeds were far too tall to all much detecting. If nothing else there might be a totlot or two on base for a few coins.

Monte,

Thanks for the warm welcome! I appreciate all the advice. I am not new to detecting, I’ve been doing it for about 7 years now.

I am in the military which makes it rather difficult finding hunting sites due to the constant moving around and limited free time. I really hope someone on this forum will help me out in finding a new site! My location generally dictates what type of hunting I try to do. For the last 4 years I solely was beach hunting because I was assigned to a unit about 15 minutes from popular beach areas. I would love to get into coin hunting in my new area.

Once again I appreciate your kindness and I hope all is well.

welcome! I would love to be living near a beach area. Columbus, GA and Phoenix city should have some old sites dating from early 1900's.

try using historicaerials.com looking for old buildings that may still be there or not there now. Check the county's GIS data web page. Lots of counties have these and are free. easy way to find property owners.

volley ball courts in the summer are the closest things dirt hunters have to compare to ocean beaches.

Also you are not too far from Destin and Pensacola beaches which are very popular for the Atlanta crowd in the spring and summer seasons.

I was there in 1965 for six months at the main post comm center until the army decided I needed to be in Korea.

good luck!

Thank you all for the replies, it’s been a busy couple weeks leading up to the holidays! Georgeinsc i would like to go on post to do some hunting, but i believe there is a policy preventing it.
Maxxkatt that website will definitely be helpful! I appreciate the help!

Thank you all for the support and I wish all of you luck in your future endeavors!

Back
Top Bottom