lead seal maybe

simonthesearcher

Forum Supporter
Can anyone help me with this.Its made of lead i think,about 2 inches across with the letter M on it.It would more than likely be a seal of some form but can anyone give me some more info on it,thanks

Attachments

• lead seal.jpg
    lead seal.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 193
  • lead seal flip side.jpg
    lead seal flip side.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 182
Sorry Simon, I don't have a clue. The fact that it has a rivet type back rather than a wire bail has me stumped. :?: Still a nice find though. :yes:

I have no idea, but it is neat looking to say the least. Does the part on the back look like it went to a rivet or something, It looks like it held it onto some thing, Could be some insignia. :?:
Looks cool though . smg

Just had a thought Krom,do you think it could have been a branding iron,what they would have branded the animals with,although lead would not really work dont you think(too soft)

I dont know smg,the part that looks like a rivet isnt a rivet,not that i can make out anyway.Its been casted all in one piece so i dont know

Heck whatever it is , its a neat piece to have found. I am really suprised that they picked lead as the base metal. But it a piece to definately be proud of. smg :P

Back
Top Bottom