What Does Coinshooters Mean

I always thought unsuccessful coinshooters became relic hunters so that they were guaranteed to have success every hunt? :p

Was there not a thread from John of Edmonton shooting a few coins:lol:
It kind of upset a few people thinking children may repeat and get hurt, was rather silly all the same....

coin shooting is rather safe:lol: you could kill or hurt a few worm grubs but that is all really

.....got bored today and did a lil'... :laughing::shock::yes:

Attachments

• tGrnp.jpg
    tGrnp.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 336
I am definitely a coinshooter !!! I don't know one bullet from the other. I wouldn't know a relic if I found it. Probably would throw it in the junk pouch and think that it's scrap metal. Never been relic hunting and probably never will. Nothing against relic hunters but what got me into this hobby when I was 18 years old was coins. I am 63 and still love coins of any kind and any denomination, clad, silver or gold (but never found one). If I find jewelry it's mostly by accident but have been trying my hand at some jewelry hunting.

Coin shooters are people who search for coins (old and new). :) I'm a coin shooter, but I also go bottle, relic and jewellery hunting, and also prospecting for gold nuggets. I like all types of detecting! :lol:

Basically it is “aiming” to find only coins...tied loosely to the aiming of a gun and it’s intended target. Of course we do this with ever increasingingly better “guns” that have the ability to ignore stuff we don’t think is a coin,based on TID,tones,etc. We are aiming(setting up) our machines to “shoot” our target(coins).

Coinshooters shoot for any and all coins for the money. Simple clad coinage and fresh drops in public spots frequently visited every day by lots of people.

Then, there are coin hunters. They hunt for trophies, not clad. Some of them even hate clad.

Shooters and Hunters can be really different types.

I always figured a coin shooter was someone specifically after coins...

Me, I’m after gold, but like finding coins too, some day hope to find some old ones like a double eagle :)

To me the definition is more about searching & digging for older coins,
Indian heads, buffalo nickels, and silver coins...
passing up the clad or clad areas.... specifically out hunting for older keeper coins.

To me the definition is more about searching & digging for older coins,
Indian heads, buffalo nickels, and silver coins...
passing up the clad or clad areas.... specifically out hunting for older keeper coins.

+1

reminds me of the Minelab Sov Elite loved silver but could not locate clad in a wet paper bag:grin:

Basically it is “aiming” to find only coins...tied loosely to the aiming of a gun and it’s intended target. Of course we do this with ever increasingingly better “guns” that have the ability to ignore stuff we don’t think is a coin,based on TID,tones,etc. We are aiming(setting up) our machines to “shoot” our target(coins).
+1

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom