Sovereign XS 2a Pro any good?

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
There’s one for sale near me for $275, not sure if worth the $ seems to have some type of meter. Good for the few times a year I get to the salt water?

And is the weird looking cut/glue job (area under the “Pro” on the side in pic) a red flag?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 8E1FBB23-A8E9-41B6-8CE5-A4DCF16F7149.jpeg
    8E1FBB23-A8E9-41B6-8CE5-A4DCF16F7149.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,017
  • 3BA6E5FA-C9E1-4A8B-9D39-4619E6E6F374.jpeg
    3BA6E5FA-C9E1-4A8B-9D39-4619E6E6F374.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,102
  • CEFDB99B-626D-44CD-9D81-49DCED078A5A.jpeg
    CEFDB99B-626D-44CD-9D81-49DCED078A5A.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 955
The meter helps you id targets, You know I have one.:facepalm: You cant lose just get it.:yes:

You have a Sov Elite, semi different or semi the same? You use AA’s or the nicad? Your Sov have a meter?

The battery pack on those old ones break holding tabs so maybe its fixed?

I dunno looks like not where the battery area is?

Hard to spend money on a an old used detector but having a salt machine would be fun. Maybe the Equinox... Thanks for the input.

You have a Sov Elite, semi different or semi the same? You use AA’s or the nicad? Your Sov have a meter?

I dunno looks like not where the battery area is?

Hard to spend money on a an old used detector but having a salt machine would be fun. Maybe the Equinox... Thanks for the input.

Yeah, might as well save up for the Equinox, after all its a do all lightweight complete package and a huge upgrade!

If it works I would buy it if I could. There's not much difference I believe between that and the Sov. Elite.

Not sure why they notched and glued the control box, but if it turns on and hums constantly i would say yeah, buy that!
Check the cables, i am sure they are cracked by now, but changing the coil will fix that...

Thanks folks. I waffled too long on this one for sure. I think I would have jumped faster had it been an actually GT or Elite, and didn’t have that weird cut and glue job. I don’t need a machine with issues (like even a bad coil cord). Don’t have a ton of money to put into this game at this point (breadwinner for wife and 2 kiddos)...either!

Appreciate the input though as I’ll keep my eye out and try and pocket some cash away.

Hey GS, that's the exact one Crumble gave me, just minus the meter. It's killer in the saltwater, and I would think that's a great price..... Too bad you missed it...... ;)

Back
Top Bottom