First hunt with new Equinox 600 has me sold

CLHarwood

Got my new Nox 600 on Tuesday this week, put it together, charged it up and finally got a chance last night to take it out for it's maiden voyage last night. I had just a little time and it was getting dark so I decided to just stay in my yard and see if I could find anything I've missed with my AT Pro and before that, an ACE 400. I live in an early 1900's house and I've literally pounded my yard for the last year and a half. I've had friends come over and detect it as well with their AT Pro's and an MX Sport. Well, in less than an hour I got a '34 wheat, a '52 Rosie, a 1916 buff, and a pocket watch winding key! I gotta say I'm really impressed with this machine. I've read some reviews saying the VDI numbers were kinda goofy but I found them to be fairly accurate. I'm still getting used to the different numbers compared to the Garrett machines but they make sense to me. And I must say the tones are much easier to listen to. I've still yet to do a long hunt, but I feel like I'll be able to listen to these tones longer than the scratchy tones on the Garrett.
I also really like the handle on this machine. It's quite a bit bigger and more ergonomic than the AT Pro. Gonna be less fatigue on the hand for sure, for me anyway.
The only complaint I have so far is the backlight. I hunted till dark last night and when I turned the backlight on it's way too bright. I know the 800 has an adjustable backlight and I really wish they would have added this feature to the 600. It pretty much blinded me to the point where I couldn't see anything else on the ground around me. I'll probably end up using a headlamp and leaving the backlight off if I hunt at night again.
Anyway, first impressions are definitely good with this one!

I agree with what you say except the scratchy tones I like on the Garrett.
I haven't hunted at night really but the backlight is a nice feature.
Happy Equinoxing!!

Got my new Nox 600... I hunted till dark last night and when I turned the backlight on it's way too bright. ...It pretty much blinded me to the point where I couldn't see anything else on the ground around me.
Yup. I keep telling folks if you hunt at night, the 800's adjustments are worth the cost. But hey, I'm glad to read about your success. 600...800....whatever it takes to find the goodies. Congrats!

Im glad you saw the light on the AT PRO ,lol congrats.
x2

Back
Top Bottom