• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Please Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Gn00b

Hello Everyone! Greetings from Texas (south of Houston).

Having been bitten by the metal detecting bug a couple of years ago, I've finally reached a point where I'm ready to take the first steps towards actual participation. I should be purchasing my first gear in the next couple of weeks...I've just recently begun the research, and it sure seems to be a buyer's market. There's so much out there, its a little overwhelming.

Anyway, hello to all and I am so looking forward to experiencing what I am certain will be an interesting and engaging endeavor.

It currently is a buyers marked when it comes to used machines. If you do decide to go with new most small dealers will give a discount or include quality items to sweeten the deal.

Hello Everyone! Greetings from Texas (south of Houston).

Having been bitten by the metal detecting bug a couple of years ago, I've finally reached a point where I'm ready to take the first steps towards actual participation. I should be purchasing my first gear in the next couple of weeks...I've just recently begun the research, and it sure seems to be a buyer's market. There's so much out there, its a little overwhelming.

Anyway, hello to all and I am so looking forward to experiencing what I am certain will be an interesting and engaging endeavor.

Welcome! Keep in mind that the pictures on boxes and advertisements are often sensationalized. If you intend to beach hunting, check out this thread --> http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248905

Once you've done your research, talk to one of our forum sponsors. Sponsors often have pre-owned machines as well as give discounts on new machines to forum folks. here is the link --> http://metaldetectingforum.com/forum_sponsors.php

-DaviDs

Thanks everyone for the quick welcomes!

At this moment after limited research I am leaning towards Fisher and Bounty Hunter. The F44 is on my short list. I'm on a shoestring budget...about $350 max to get everything I need to at least start swinging. That should include a carrying bag. I'm almost certain that at this price point I'm looking at a single-frequency machine. I kinda have my heart set on something with ground balance control as well. I live less than 10 miles from the Gulf coast, and I'm certain I will be wanting to search the dry sand...wet if possible but not essential. A good used instrument from a reputable source is of course not out of the question.

Are you a man of wealth and taste? :laughing: Anyway, welcome! Finding some stuff with my single-tone $250 Tesoro Mojave but it isn't waterproof...

If you are trying to keep to that budget, a good starting point may be the ol' Tesoro compadre, Garrett ATpropointer, digger and a finds pouch and not go over budget. Super simple machine but a great way to start out. If you stick with it and get another detector it's a great machine to introduce a kid or a friend to the hobby. :gettinmoney:

Just my two cents, good luck with your decision and welcome to the forum!

Back
Top Bottom