Hello from Oxford, OH

Just Big D

So I'm new to detecting. So new that my recently purchased Tesoro Compadre has not yet arrived in the mail. :lol:

Working in construction, I've had the opportunity to find a lot of old coins alongside curbs, sidewalks, etc, that we have recently removed. My profile pic is of a V nickel I found a few weeks ago. My other notable find was an 1883 Indian Head found laying on the ground near an old roadway we had a removed. I walked by that about three times before picking it up - thought it was a rock :wow:

Anyway, I really like finding old stuff, especially coins, and always wanted a detector, so I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Compadre. The Compadre seems like a quality detector for the price, and should I not enjoy the hobby (I will) I won't be out a lot of money.

I've spent a few hours reading this forum and I'm really impressed by how nice and supportive everyone is. I'm excited to be part of the community and I will definitely post the results of my first ever MD hunt.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

There are many videos on youtube you can watch while you are waiting, here is just one of them -

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome to The Forum from Rudolph Ohio straight up Interstate 75 just south of Bowling Green.

The compadre is one of the best. Almost ten years later and it's still a hotcake seller. While as ten years ago Etracs were popular and now obsolete to the nox 800.

Welcome from the Florida Treasure coast. If you do any tear downs of old houses you might find some coin caches. Good luck.

Thank you all for your positive replies. I have torn up the yard around my house (built in the 40's) and have found a ton of garbage (aluminum siding, pull tabs, etc) and some decent clad totaling 86 cents. The only coin of note so far is a 36 wheat. I'm having a blast. Would share pics but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to post. Will have to get one of the kids to help me ;)

Glad to hear your enjoying the hobby! It gets addictive fast :yes:

And :welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio!

Back
Top Bottom