First coinstar score.....

NEA Farmer

..... sort of. lol

I never thought of checking those until I started seriously reading on here.

1985 $20 Mexican coin.

Attachments

• 7293C4D9-41E5-408F-9916-58E03D0A10A4.jpg
    7293C4D9-41E5-408F-9916-58E03D0A10A4.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 150
I assume you know but that dollar sign is not the same as our dollar sign. From what I saw that is a 20 peso coin. There is one on Ebay now going for $1.00 (plus .69 cents shipping). Last time I was in Mexico the peso was about equivalent to a dime, so that would be a $2.00 US, looks like right now it's about half that. Either way Coinstar gives up the goods from time to time.

Coinstar finds are free and fun. Love seeing the posts and finds.. Keep on searching them..

Very cool, I also recently got my first coinstar find. I didn't report it here though as it was a 1996 zincoln.

I assume you know but that dollar sign is not the same as our dollar sign. From what I saw that is a 20 peso coin. There is one on Ebay now going for $1.00 (plus .69 cents shipping). Last time I was in Mexico the peso was about equivalent to a dime, so that would be a $2.00 US, looks like right now it's about half that. Either way Coinstar gives up the goods from time to time.

This coin is no longer legal currency in Mexico- the 1985 $20pesos became worth only 2 Mexican cents in 1993 when they reset their currency and knocked three decimal places off their money. So the $1000peso coins became worth only $1peso... everyone traded in their bills & coins for new currency.

Pretty neat collector-score though - those "old peso" coins are tough to come by nowadays since they aren't in circulation...

I found a Mexican new $1peso coin and British 1penny in the CoinStar today along with a clad dime.

Back
Top Bottom